Chapter 21

The following morning came and it was time for him to get up to get ready to leave the house and be on his way to arrive at work. He arrived at work to clock in, put his jacket on his chair, and called the secretary to bring the files to him to start working on them. As he is working on them, his boss notices he is here to work today but wasn't here the day before and decides to walk toward him to ask him some questions.

"Oz where were you yesterday?",  Boss asked him

"I was at home boss", Oz replied

"I needed you yesterday. Didn't your fiancee tell you?",  Boss asked him

"Yes she did but it was my choice to ignore it and stay home", Oz stated

"Is that right?", the boss asked as he crossed his arms and tapped his shoes on the floor.

"Yes I felt like I needed a personal day so I took one", Oz replied nervously

"Hmm I see", Boss said

"Any problem boss?", Oz replied

"Yes there is a problem", Boss replied angrily

"What is the problem boss?", Oz asked unknowingly

"You didn't call the office to ask for a personal day", Boss said

"I'm here now aren't I?", Oz asked

"Yes, now you are here but the next time you take a personal day without asking you are fired", Boss said

"But boss", Oz replied pleading

"Don't but boss me. Get to work", Boss replied

"But boss", Oz said repeatedly

"I don't want to hear it. Zip it and get to work", Boss said

"Yes boss", Oz said

The boss walked back towards his office and let Oz continue working on those files he started working on for hours upon hours and suddenly she started to wake up from her sleep moments later. She got up from the bed to stretch before going to the kitchen to make something to eat, turn on the TV to watch a movie, and then call him to talk to him. All of a sudden, the doctor called her to come in for a check-up so she got up to take a shower, got dressed to be on her way, and arrived on time for the check-up.

"How have you been?", The doctor asks

"I have been ok", Zeina replied

"Have you been taking care of your health?", The doctor asked

"Yes I have doc", Zeina replied

"Good to hear. We are just going to do a simple check-up to see if you are getting better", The doctor said

"Alright doctor", Zeina replied

The doctor takes out the blood pressure cuff to wrap it around her elbow to check her pressure, asks her about her daily regimen, and recommends she keep going as he will see her soon. she walked out of the hospital to call a taxi, went back home to continue watching her movie, and finally called him to see if he was still at work. She took out her phone to call him, waited until he had answered his phone, and let him know that she was on her way home from the doctor's office.

"Hey my love", Oz replied

"Hi sweety, how are you?", Zeina replied

"I'm alright, I'm still at work", Oz replied

"Alright. I am on my way home from the doctor's office", Zeina replied

"Why? Was there anything wrong? Tell me honey tell me", Oz asked pleadingly

"It was only for a check-up. Nothing was wrong honey. I'm good", Zeina replied excitedly

"That's good news, sweetheart. We should celebrate", Oz said happily

"Yes we should honey",Zeina said

"Alright I will see you when I get home", oz replied

"Alright, honey. Bye", Zeina replied

He hung up the phone to get back to work on those files, she arrived home to continue watching her movie and soon later fell asleep while watching her movie in bed. Meanwhile, the movie continued playing until the TV turned off, quietness filled the house and it was hectic at the office as he worked tiredly on getting those files done. He finished getting the files ready to have his boss sign them and announced that it was time for everyone to go on their lunch breaks and head out to their favorite restaurant to eat as a group.

Moments later, it was just him in the office putting his head down on the desk to sleep, eating his lunch on his desk while everyone was out, and calling her to check if she was ok or wanted anything after he finished with work for the day. He picked up the phone to dial her number and waited for her to answer her phone so they could talk but unfortunately she was out cold and continued to relax in the office until it was time to resume work. Time begins to pass as everyone who went out to eat starts returning back to the office, he is unaware of the time and still asleep on his desk until his boss comes by his desk to wake him up.

It was time for everyone to resume work at the office, he tried one last time to reach her but to no avail and he put his phone away to continue working until it was time to clock out. He wrapped up what he was doing at work to make sure every file was done for the boss to sign, went to clock out of work to leave, and was on his way to drive home to be with her. Moments later, he arrives home with a bottle of champagne to celebrate with her and sees that she has been sleeping since she got to the doctor's appointment and fixes her on the bed to cover her. He goes to the kitchen to store the bottle in there, goes into the bathroom to take a shower to change into night clothes, and goes to bed to cuddle with her to sleep.