Chapter 19

Days after Christmas had ended, it was time for him to wake up, and prepare her breakfast and for him to drive off to work. He arrives in the office to clock in, tells the receptionist to bring the documents to his desks, and starts working on them. Meanwhile, back at home she was still sleeping in bed and hadn't woke up from her sleep until she was twisting and turning and she felt that he wasn't on the bed.

She reached for her phone and dialed his number to call him and wait for him to answer the phone. A few minutes later, he answered the phone and started talking to her over the phone, and she went to the kitchen to make something to eat for breakfast. As she is making breakfast, he suddenly hears things in the background, he wonders what is she doing and decides to ask her.

"My love", Oz asked.

"Yes?", Zeina replied.

"What are you doing?", Oz asked.

"Why do you ask?", Zeina asked

"I'm hearing things in the background" , Oz replied.

"Ohh honey I am making something to eat", Zeina replied.

"Honey before I left for work I made you breakfast and left it for you to eat", Oz replied

"You did?", Zeina asked

"Yes, I did honey", Oz replied

"Oh ok let me drop what I'm eating and eat what you made for me", Zeina replied

"Alright sweetie", Oz replied

She dropped what she was preparing to eat and took what he had for her instead. She walked into the room with the breakfast in the room, put it on the bed, and reached for the remote to turn the TV on to watch TV. He told her that he had to concentrate on work now and that he was ending the call and it wasn't until she mentioned that she wanted to say something.

"Before you hang up I have something to tell you", Zeina said.

"What do you have to tell me? I'm listening", Oz replied.

"The ball is going to drop tonight", Zeina said.

"What ball are you talking about?", Oz asked.

"The New Year ball drop. The countdown until the ball drops", Zeina replied

"Oh ok I will be home just in time before it starts", Oz said

"Alright, is there anything you want me to cook for you?", Zeina asked

"No, I will be buying us food to eat when I get home. Just clean the house and dress nice", Oz replied

"Alright, sweetie. Got to go now. bye honey", Zeina said

The call had ended as he went back to focus on work and she continued to eat what he left for her to eat and watch her shows before it was time to clean the house. As she was cleaning the house, she put on some music to continue cleaning and prepare for the new year. She laid out what she was going to wear, went to the bathroom to take a shower, and got ready for tonight's ball drop.

The music continues to play while she continues to get ready and waits for him to arrive and while waiting for him to arrive she falls asleep. As time passed by, the music continued to play until it turned off by itself and the house became quiet moments later. Meanwhile, he is at work hoping when it is time for the break, call her to check on her and get back to work minutes later.

Hours later, it was time for a lunch break so everyone except him left the building to go to their favorite company restaurant to eat while he was at the office alone eating and about to check on her. He took his phone out of his pocket and dialed her number to see if she's alright but unfortunately, there was no answer so he finished eating and went back to his desk to continue working. Meanwhile, the others are still not back and are still at the restaurant eating and he can't wait until he goes home to celebrate.

As time continued to pass, the others returned from lunch and they were talking as they were heading towards their office to work and he wondered what they were talking about. He tried to lean in to hear what they were talking about but failed and he got caught trying to overhear a conversation that he was not supposed to try to listen to and his boss gave him a warning not to do it again. He went back to focus on his job, waited until it was time to clock out, and drive home to relax.

Two hours later, it was time to wrap up work, clock out to leave the building, and quickly buy the food with the champagne before heading home. he went to a restaurant to buy their favorite food to eat along with drinks in case she didn't want champagne, drove home with everything he bought, and ran to the room to see if she was awake but she wasn't. he shook her to wake her up and let her know that he was home and that they could start celebrating New Year's.

She got up to hug him, went into the bathroom to wash her face, and turned on the TV to watch the ball drop. She put it on channel 7, took her food out of the bag to start eating, and waited until the countdown started. He went to the bathroom to wash his hands, changed into his night clothes, and removed his food from the bag to start eating.

Moments later, the countdown for the ball to drop, she and him put their food down and counted down with the timer. 10.9.8.7.6.5.4.3.2.1.0 It was officially New Year's and hugged each other and finished their food before they opened the champagne. They drank the champagne, washed their hands as well as their face, and he went to sleep full moments later. She changed into her night clothes, cuddled with him under the sheet, and went to sleep minutes later.