I'm not afraid

Three weeks had passed since Manami started living in the sand village.

She was playing catch in the park with some other children. One of the children threw the ball towards Manami but she missed it. She was almost going to turn to get it, when the children started to scream in fear.

Child 1: Hey! Go away from here you monster.

Child 2: Mama! Help!

They all started to run away.

Child 3: Manami, Run! he is a monster!

Manami was really surprised then she heard someone saying from behind her.

The boy: Wait!! I just want to play (in a down sad voice)

Manami turned around to look at a cute red haired boy about her age. He was crying. Manami, who was not afraid of him,walked to him.

Manami: Hi. (Closed eyes smile)

The boy looked at her in astonishment.

Manami: what is your name? (Smiling)

Boy: I... I'm Gaara.

Manami: well nice to meat you Gaara, I'm Manami.

Gaara: A...aren't you scared of me?

Manami: Oh, no silly. Why would I? (Giggling)

Gaara was too surprised to say a word

Children who were hiding behind the bushes: what is she doing?!

Manami: Gaara-kun, I would love to be your friend. Come here tomorrow we'll play together.

Gaara: O.. Okay. (Tiny smile)

Manami: I should go now so bye.

Saying this she runs away, leaving gaara happy and excited to see his new friend again.

That night Gaara lay down in his bed with a smile.
Gaara's thoughts: finally I got a friend. I'm so happy. I hope I meet her tomorrow.