Fight for Love

Two more days pass peacefully and Manami's well settled in the village, spending amazing time with gaara and others. but on her fourth day in leaf and also during fourth performance in the festival, something terrible happens......

Manami is getting ready for her performance when Sakura along with Ino, Hinata and Tenten enter the room.

Manami : Hello girls

Sakura : Hi... Ready?
Manami : I guess...... how do I look?

Hinata : Beautiful!

Manami : Thanks.... I should be going.

Ino : OK.

Manami heads for the door but feels a little bit dizzy and almost falls to the ground when Sakura catches her.

Sakura :Manami! Are you okay?

Manami :Yeah. ...I just lost my balance.

Hinata : You sure you're okay?

Manami : Of course. .....it's nothing to worry about.

Manami leaves the dressing room.

Manami's thoughts :-

What happened just now? I sensed danger. I hope it all goes well. And if all goes wrong. .......it's going to be me to set things right.

Manami performs on stage.

As the song finishes, she hears a blast among the crowd and people run here and there screaming.

The kages and shinobi look for the source of chaos.

They see the dark silhouette of a man floating down through the broken roof of the auditorium landing in front of them.

The man : Well well princess that was a great performance!

Manami : What are you doing here?!

The man : Your father wanted me to pay you a visit and bring his little daughter back home.

Manami : I'm not going anywhere.

The man laughs coldly.

The man : You lost your family because of your stubbornness princess now you want to lose your friends? Come with me or you will pay.

Manami :I was weak back then. I didn't have the strength to save them. But now, you're the one who'll pay!!

The man : Very well princess. You asked for this.

The man targets a fire ball towards a few children standing on the near edge but before it reaches them, Manami blocks it out with her wind chakra shield.

Manami : Don't show your cowardice by attacking children. I'm the one you are supposed to fight .

Kakashi gestures Naruto and others to protect the people. Each of them takes positions. Naruto in front.

Finding the chance, Gaara runs and stands beside Manami.

Manami : Gaara-kun! !

Gaara nods to her slightly.

The man :He's going to protect you is he?

Manami : No one wants your opinion! 
Manami points a finger at the man.

Manami withdraws her sword.

 Manami dodges his attack and advances towards the man.

Their swords clash and they battle in mid air.

After a few minutes of fight, the man's sword falls a few feet away behind Manami and the man sprawls on the ground.

Manami : You were saying...?.....

The man : That you are dead!

The man appears behind her hitting her with a fire jutsu.

Manami falls to the ground.

The man shoots a fire arrow at her which comes directly at her. She closes her eyes and shields her face with her hands. When she doesn't feel that arrow piercing her skin , she opens her eyes. She sees a sand shield protecting her.

Manami : Gaara-kun!

Gaara : Manami-chan! Are you okay?

Manami : Yeah I'm fine.....I guess.

Gaara: You stay here. .. I'll take care of this.

Manami : No Gaara-kun! I don't want
you or anyone else to get hurt. This time my power has to protect the people whom I love . .. it just has to!

Gaara : Manami........

Manami jumps out of the shield facing the man.

Manami : I will protect them!

Saying this, she raises her hands in air. Gaara and the others look in amazement as a blue aura glows around her body making her more radiant than she already is.

The aura around her approaches the man taking the shape of a dragon roaring ferociously almost deafening everyone.

Manami is lifted from the ground as the dragon drifts in midair around the man.
Gaara watches in awe as Manami makes her gestures as if commanding.

The dragon roars again wrapping itself around the man while the man chokes for air before there is a blinding light arising and a loud blast follows. The man nowhere to be seen.

Manami drained of her powers falls to the ground fainting before Gaara catches her in an embrace.

Gaara : Manami!Wake up!.......

He says panicking.

Sakura approaches putting a hand on his shoulder.

Sakura : Don't worry. She'll be fine. I'll have her healed. She fainted because she has drained her chakra.

Gaara nods.

Sakura and Ino follow Gaara who carries Manami to the hospital.

********

Manami in her hospital bed laying unconscious. Gaara is holding her hand refusing to leave her side.

Sakura shakes her head smiling.

Sakura : Gaara please. ....trust me. She's absolutely fine.

Gaara's thoughts :-
"You were great out there Manami. You endangered your life to protect us. I promise I'll fight for you too......I will never leave your side. "

********
This was her last performance . After that the missing singers came back so she is not going to sing in the festival anymore.