Left alone.

Six months have passed since Manami came to the hidden sand village and She and Gaara are now the bestest friends you'll ever see. They do all the the mischievous stuff they can think of but then still it is always manami's idea. For Gaara life couldn't be happier with a fate like his.
Gaara and Manami both love to watch sunset together at the sand mountains.

Gaara and Manami were sitting on the edge of the mountain,looking at the sunset and Gaara was blushing as always.

Gaara: The sunset is beautiful!

Manami: yup it is.......... Gaara - kun, what if someday I go away or something happens to me ?

Gaara: I hope that never happens! (Worried by the sudden weird question)

Manami: Well, we can't change the fate can we? But Gaara-kun if something ever happens to me......try to make more friends.........and never give up. I'm sure you can do it!

Gaara: Do you think there's anyone like you,is there someone who can be a friend to me like you?

Manami: I don't know but there might be good friends for you out there in the future.

Gaara: umm......M.manami-chan ... I've got something for you.

Manami looks at Gaara surprised.

Gaara reaches inside his pocket and takes out a pretty purple bracelet.

Gaara: I got this for you. When I saw it....it reminded me of your pretty hair...
Manami: oh thanks Gaara-kun I love it...but you should've told me that we were giving gifts. Now I don't have anything to give you.....but then this bracelet will always remind me of you. I can give you something that will make you think of me.

She removes her peach coloured satin ribbon from her ponytail and gives it to Gaara.

Manami: Keep it safe. Okay?

Gaara: I will.

Manami: oh it's getting late . Let's meet here at five tomorrow. Alright?

Gaara: yeah sure... I'll be waiting.

They bid their goodbyes and go home.

Next day :

Gaara sits down again on the mountain frustrated.

Gaara : Manami-chan, where are you? ....she's never late! I hope she's alright.

Gaara starts pacing here and there impatiently.

Gaara : Maybe she's just on her way. I must wait.

He waited for a long time but she never came he then decided to go to her house. On his way a sand shinobi appeared in front of him.

Shinobi : Gaara-sama. ... kazekage-sama wants to see you. Now.
Gaara: Okay...

......
Gaara enters the office.

Gaara :you wanted to see me father?
Kazekage : yes. ....You see. ...it's about that girl Manami. She's your friend right?
Gaara: Y...Yes..
Kazekage: She was seen last night exiting the village gate.

Gaara : What?

Kazekage : I sent a group of shinobis into the desert to search for her but. ....

Gaara : But...?

Kazekage : But. ....all they found was her scarf. Here...

Kazekage shows it to Gaara.

Kazekage : And a lot of blood along with it.

Gaara looking at the kazekage gasps in horror.

Kazekage : According to our medical ninjas someone losing this much blood cannot survive long.

Gaara : n. ....n. ..no. ......it. ...c..can't be...

Gaara drops onto his knees and tears start flowing from his eyes.

Gaara walks out of the office then. Crying , he walks towards the park where he and Manami first met.

Gaara's thoughts: why? Why Manami-chan?...... I'm all alone again.... How could I lose someone so precious to me....... you were my first friend......

Gaara cries under the light of the full moon amongst the sand blowed away by the wind.