Beginning of the fight.

Next morning;
The sun rays slanting through the windows scattering around the room and reflecting onto her eyes.

Manami flicked her eyes open blinking several times trying to adjust her eyes to the sunshine.
She then looked around noticing herself propped in a hospital bed.

She felt for her fingers looking down to her side, she saw Gaara. Her hand intertwined with his.
Gaara was fast asleep in an armchair next to her bed lightly snoring.
His face calm and expressionless and pacific in his sleep. Manami smiled at him and then turned her head towards the window. As the sunlight hit gaara's eyes , he wakes up and looks up at Manami.

Gaara's thoughts: She is so beautiful...

Manami : good morning gaara-kun. (Closed eyes smile )

Gaara realized he was actually staring at her. His cheeks flamed red and he timidly looked away.

Gaara: Good morning Manami -Chan. How are you feeling?

Manami : Much better, thank you .Why are you here this early in the morning ?

Gaara looked down . Sakura standing in the doorway smiled .

Sakura : He never left .

Gaara and Manami looked at her .

Sakura : He was by your side all
night Holding your hand .

Manami looked at him .
Manami : You know there Was no need for you to stay up for me all night .

Sakura smiled again checking her fever and patting her On the
shoulder .

Sakura : She's fine Gaara . She Can go home Now , But promise me you will take care of your health .

Manami nodded .

...............

Gaara and Manami walked slowly towards the local park .

Manami's hair ruffled lightly in the morning breeze . She sat on a bench as they entered the park .

Gaara sat down too looking at the trees beyond .

Gaara: You were very brave back there at the festival .

Manami shook her head .
Mariani: Me , brave ? I fainted . I'm not powerful enough . I can't lose the ones I love once again .

Gaara : You saved the people , the kids there . You saved us all in fact .

He smiled.

Gaara: I'll try to be more helpful next time.......

Manami smiled back .

A leaf shinobi appeared in front of them .
The Shinobi : Lord Kazekage . Hokage - Sama wants to See you and Miss Manami at the village gates .

The shinobi left leaving them alone .

Manami : Come on then . We must hurry.

Manami holds gaara's hand and starts running towards the village gates.

Manami's thoughts: This is it. ... the beginning of the fight I never wanted to fight...... I am ready. .... I'll work hard and protect everyone. I must.

Gaara's thoughts : No matter how much depressed she is, I only see a warm smile on her face that tells me that we can do this TOGETHER.
............................

Hey, it's Mary.
It wasn't a long chapter so sorry but the next chapter will be a long one.
Please don't forget to comment and vote.