Play With Fire

An: So this is one of my own creations. I have also decided that after every four or five episodes I will update one of my own chapters to keep it going.

Most mornings I wake up, go to school and then hang out at the Davenports but today was really different. The Davenport's were not home. Mr. Davenport had a science fair further up town and Adam, Bree, Chase, Leo and Tasha went with him. What was also strange was that my dad was still in his room. I could hear the radio and everything.

I quietly knocked on his door "Dad?" The door opened to reveal my father smiling brightly down at me. He was dressed in his suit and tie and had his brief case in hand.

"Katie! I didn't think you'd be up this early on a Saturday."

"I was going to go over to the Davenport's house but their not home today. You going into work?" I asked and he nodded.

"I'm working on a big case and I need to finish up some last minute details. Would you like to come in with me? I could always use some extra hands." I nodded. If it meant spending some time with my dad who I rarely get to see anymore sounded awesome at this point. I didn't care if he had me organizing files or just his company.

When we got into the car, the top was down and dad turned up the volume on the stereo. He knew, besides spending time with Chase, that this was my favorite thing in the world. The feeling of the wind in my hair and the sun on my face while the radio plays some of my favorite songs was calming to me.

Dad parked in his own parking space. No really. He has his own parking space. It has his name on it and everything. How cool is that? My dad is a meaningful person. He's the best at what he does. That's why they pay him the big bucks so we can afford the nice house we live in. It's also why I don't complain about my dad working all the time. He works so hard to give me the things I want without any complaints. He's the best dad in the world and I don't want to make him feel like he needs to try any harder.

I had never been to my dad's firm before. He claims that he brought me when I was younger but I don't remembering being in such an awesome building before. It was like I was walking in Gringotts. And I'm serious. This place looks exactly like Gringotts. The big dome and chandelier hanging from it. This place even had six secretaries. I know, who needs that many? As we walked further down the hall, there was a door that led us into a smaller hallway. But their wasn't a ceiling in front of us. It was all glass and it was so awesome. We stopped at a big wooden door at the end of said hall. My father's name plate was nicely written on the door: Nick Davis. My dad has his own office! So cool.

"Holy cow! You work here dad?" I asked him as I quickly walked over to the big widow over looking the city "No wonder you're never home." I muttered the last part.

I sat down on the big plush couch and looked through the stacks of magazine's he had on the crafted coffee table "Need me to do anything dad?"

He smiled and walked over to me and sat down "Not at the moment." he said. "Why don't you hold down the fort? I have a client's meeting that I need to go to. If anyone comes knocking just tell them I'm busy. okay? It will only take an hour at the most." He got up and I continued to looked through his magazines. When I was done with that I decided to snoop around. I walked over to his desk and sat down in his big comfy chair. Hey, what do you know? It spins! My favorite kind of chair. I stopped spinning when I saw one of our old photos sitting by his phone. It was when I was ten and we went to Disney World. That was a funny day. Dad thought it would be awesome if he ate a corn dog before going on the Teacups. Yeah, his corn dog didn't agree with him. I smiled at the memory.

Something odd then caught my attention. I could smell smoke and I walked over to the door. My eyes went wide when a large flame broke the window of the door. The glass shattered and I was cut from some of the debris. I began coughing as the smoke got thicker and the alarms kept going off. The flames rose and entered the doorway. I backed up towards the windows and coughed violently. I was trapped.