Chances and Railroad Spaces

AN: So this sucks. Not a new episode of Lab Rats has come on for two weeks now. Thought I do one of my own.

I'd like at least ten votes and at the minimum three commets. Then I'll post the next chapter. When it will be posted depends on the votes and comments...so make it count!

I ran as far as my legs could take me. I ran so fast that the air that I was breathing was stinging my lungs with each step I took. I was afraid to look back.

You're probably reading this asking 'What's going on?' Well I'll start from the time I was over at my boyfriend and best friends house hanging out. It seemed like a freaking lifetime ago when in reality it was only a few hours ago...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three Hours Before...

"Adam! That's totally cheating!" Bree and I yelled as we watched Adam move his game piece three extra spaces than he was suppose to. We were playing Monopoly for two hours now and Adam was losing big time. He was almost bankrupt.

"No it's not! You don't count the Chance and Railroad spaces, right?"

Bree and I huffed as Chase and Leo snickered from beside us "No they do count," Bree sighed "Move your piece three spaces back."

"Well what if I don't wanna?" Adam whined.

Bree started glaring at her older brother and went to move his piece back for him. Adam yelled at her and they began their own game of tug-o-war. Leo and Chase kept laughing as I just rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Aren't you two going to do something?" I asked motioning to the sibling fight that was going on.

"Why?" Leo asked amused. I grunted. This wasn't funny to me "This is basically the highlight of my weekend."

"Which is totally sad by the way," I commented.

"Adam give me your game piece!" Bree yelled.

Adam childishly stuck his tongue out "No,"

"Adam! I'm serious!"

"So am I!"

Chase scoffed "Since when?"

"Since now." Adam stood up from his seat and started walking away "Now if you'll excuse me, I want a snack."

"What about the game?" I yelled after him.

All I got was him waving his hand over his shoulder saying "Not my problem!"

"It is when you're game piece is on the game board Adam!" Chase yelled this time but it was no use. Adam had already gotten his snack and was in the elevator about to descend into the lab.

I looked at my phone's clock and sighed "I've got to get going anyway," I said "Dad wanted me home before the delivery guy got there." Bree, Leo and Chase all gave me funny looks "Don't ask me why 'cause I have no clue."

I hugged Bree "Call me when you get home. I need to talk to someone about my Owen problem." she whispered.

"Again?" I asked and she nodded.

Next I hugged Leo who gave me a goofy looking smile "Why are you so happy?"

"You're hugging me," he said "this is the closest I'll ever be to a girl so I might as well live it up." I had no idea what that meant but went to pull away from him. Leo's arms tightened and my eyes went wide.

"Uh, Leo? You can let go now."

"Just a few more minutes."

Chase pried Leo away from me and I smiled gratefully at him "Thanks,"

He just smiled before hugging me tightly to his chest "I love you," he whispered. He bent his head down and kissed me softly.

"Okay I'm out!" Leo exclaimed before we both heard two pairs of footsteps fade away.

I laughed "It works every time," and then kissed him again. I wrapped my arms around his waist as his hands cupped my face gently. My hands slid up his neck and pulled him closer to me as his hand tightened around my waist. Slowly I pulled away and sighed "I don't wanna go," I told him "but I have to."

"Be safe. Okay love?"

I nodded and headed for the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ten minutes later...

The sound of thunder boomed through the sky as I took my head phones out of my ears and looked to the sky "Oh great," I mumbled. A crack of lighting came next and another boom of thunder soon followed. I took a deep breath and picked up my feet. It was at least another couple of blocks to get to my house. Not too long after the rain poured down and I lifted up my hood.

"Just great," I sighed "Stupid rain."

"Talking to yourself there lovely?" I jumped and turned around to find a guy who looked a little older than me standing by the alley way.

"I tend to do that sometimes," I said and continued walking down the street. Footsteps kept following me and I picked up my pace just a little.

"Off in such a hurry?" They guy asked and a sick grin took over his features. Okay Katie, just stay cool. Play it cool. Maybe he's not trying to hurt you? Maybe he'll let you walk home peacefully? "I can give you a lift if you like?"

"Uh, no thanks."

"I'm not gonna take no for an answer." I yelped when I felt his hand grab my shoulder roughly. I struggled to get away but he held on tighter "There's no use in escaping lovely."

I struggled even harder and turned and rammed my foot to his shin and kicked as hard as  I could. They guy grunted and released me. I took that oppertunity and ran as fast as my feet could take me.

"Come back here!" The guy yelled. I was so scared that I ran all the way down the road without looking back.

Why was this happening?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Uh oh? What's going to happen to Katie? I'm such an evil writer for doing this to my own character but it had to be done.

AN: Hello lovely readers! Sorry for the wait. I really don't have any excuses for keeping you waiting. I guess I was waiting for a new episode to come on so I could write that one but people kept asking for a chapter of my own. Hope you all liked the first part to this suspenseful 'oneshot', as I like to call it. Anyway comment and vote!

~MarvelWorksWonders~