Trent Gets Schooled

AN: I am so sorry for how late this chapter is! I know you all hate me for not updating since the new year started but I hope this makes up for my lack of updates.

“Greetings puke puddles,” Principal Perry busted through the cafeteria doors and I instantly dropped my fork. My lunch was now ruined, “Tomorrow is yearbook photo day and, while I’m not sure why anyone would want a record of this awkward phase of your lives,” she said wincing at a blonde boy messing around in his book bag “I’ll be your photographer. Oh! And don’t blink cause homie don’t do retakes!” and she left while laughing at her students misfortune.

“Well that settles that,” Bree said from her spot next to me “I am so getting my hair done after school.”

“Oh! Can you bring me some clippings off the floor? I need them to finish my Taj Mahair,” Adam said while pulling out a mini version of the Taj Mahal and my fork dropped to my tray again. Why do I hang out with these people?!

“Where did all that hair come from?” Bree asked him while Adam was flattening down some loose strands of hair.

“Pets, shower drains, brushes…if you want it you can get it.”

“Well that is disgusting,” Bree leaned back in her chair and I scooted a little farther from Adam.

Adam chuckled “Yeah, well, if you think that’s gross, wait until you see Buckinghair Palace.”

Chase walked over and stood behind my chair and placed a hand on my shoulder and squeezed before leaning down and kissing the corner of my mouth. A way he would tell me he would kiss me properly when we were alone.

“Why are you so concerned about a stupid yearbook photo?” Leo asked.

“I am still trying to live down last year’s picture when I wasn’t ready for the flash and my eyes glitched,” Bree propped open her yearbook and showed us a picture where her eyes looked like a caricature drew them. Both Adam and Chase grimaced as they looked at it.

“Bree, your zombie picture was the least of your problems with the yearbook,” Chase said.

I scoffed “Oh yeah,” I said “Perry photo bombed every group picture.”

“Drama club,”

Bree flipped the page.

“Cheerleaders,”

Bree flipped the next page.

“Swim team,” Just as she was turning that page, Leo slammed his hand down on the cover of the yearbook and cringed.

“No, no! None of us need to see that again,” the bell soon rang and students started dispersing from the cafeteria.

Once we made it out, Trent and his team mates were playing football in the hallway. One of the guys almost tackled me if it wasn’t for Chase being right next to me. Otherwise I would have fallen and been trampled on.

“Trent what are you doing?”

Trent held his hands out and smiled “Using football practice as an excuse to knock over innocent bystanders.”

“But it’s not even football season,” Leo said.

“True but it’s always tackling season. Heads up!” Troy threw the ball to Leo who looked down at the ball in confusion before looking back up again. The majority of the team ran at him and Leo screamed like a little girl. Chase pulled me away from Leo just as he was tackled to the ground. Both of us winced at the impact and heard Leo groaning from underneath the dog pile.