Goofed Up (pt 1)

AN: Okay! This is the LAST chapter I am doing for the collab part of the story! It's been a blast!

Needless to say, things weren't boring throughout Jade's time at my house. A day later, after she unpacked most of her things into our spare bedroom which was right next to mine, there was knock on my door. My dad was gone to the office for a quick meeting that he was dreading to go to. Through out dinner he would make jokes about some of his co-workers. Jade and I would laugh in hysterics listening to him piss and moan like a child.

"They're a bunch of wusses, that's what it is." My dad complained.

The knocking on the door continued to the point where it was constant banging. It kind of scared me. When I opened the door, I mentally sighed in relief. There standing on the other side of the threshold was Chase. But something was off about him "Chase? What are you doing here?"

Chase gave me a pointed look and motioned behind me. I turned my head and saw Jade standing there, a confused look on her face. I turned my attention back to my silent boyfriend and nodded my head. This must have something to do with his bionics. Not something to talk about in front of the exchange student from Seaford.

"Hey Jade?"

"Yeah?" she replied casting her eyes back over to me.

"Could you give Chase and I moment, please?"

Jade winked and gave us a small smirk "Oh! Right, a moment." She chuckled "Thanks for the heads up." and she walked out of the room, her cell phone in hand.

As soon as she was out of ear shot, I turned on my boyfriend "Okay what's going on? Why are you so quiet?"

Chase threw up his hands and placed them over his mouth. As if that was going to help me. What is this? Charades?

"You can't talk?" I asked.

Chase nodded his head vigorously and pointed to his nose.

"Okay," I said and walked over into the kitchen and over to counter. I pulled out a pad of paper and a pen and sat it in front of mute Chase "Write what you wanna say."

He scribbled something down on the paper:

One of Davenport's magnetic inventions goofed up and did something to our chips.

"So is this how it was when Davenport and Tasha went to Australia and you all were left home alone?"

Chase pointed to his nose again "Okay so what do you need me for?" I asked.

Chase bent his head down and continued to write. I couldn't help but smile at his concentrated face. His tongue stuck out of his mouth as he continued to write down his message.

When he was done, Chase tapped his pen against the pad of paper and I looked down:

Davenport and Tasha are out. Adam, Bree and I were down in the lab hanging out when Adam bumped into one of the controls. It was one I hadn't seen before so I didn't know what it did. Now our bionics are messed up. It's like last time but a little bit worse. We need you to help us figure out how to get us back to normal.

That last part scared me "What's worse?"

Again he started righting as fast as he could and I read over his shoulder:

All of our bionics shut off including my will to speak. Bree can't stop speed talking and Adam is talking backwards...AGAIN!

I put my hands on his shoulders and rubbed them softly. Chase ended up placing one hand over mine. Bending down, I kissed his cheek softly and sighed "Okay. I'll help you." I said and a small smile formed on his face "But I've got a problem."

Chase looked at me as if to say 'Which is?'

"What am I going to do about Jade? I don't want to leave her here by herself and I definitely can't take her with us."

Again with the writing:

Lie. I'm sure you'll com up with something babe.

"Lie. Yeah right. Okay," I sighed "I'll be back."

So much for showing her around.

I walked up stairs and knocked Jade's door. I opened it to find her on her bed texting.

"Um, Jade?"

Her head lifted up and smiled "Hey! Is everything okay with your boyfriend?"

I nodded "What? Oh, yeah, everything's fine with him. It's just he's having problems with his sister. They're constantly fighting. He came over here in the hopes that I could talk to her." I said putting on the charade. God, I hated lying to people.

"You don't mind if I go over there for a few hours, do you?"

"Oh! Of course not! This gives me sometime to chat with Jack."

I smiled and "Who's Jack?" I sang and she blushed.

"My boyfriend." Her face got red and I smiled at her in return.

"When I get back, I expect details about him."

As soon as we got down into the Davenport's lab, I stopped in my tracks as my jaw hit the floor in shock. The room was trashed. Debris of scraps of paper, pencils and small wiring were littered on the floor. Adam and Bree were standing amongst the trash.

"What the hell happened down here?"

Bree and Adam turned their heads "Katie hey oh!" Adam said talking backwards.

"Ohthankgodyou'rehereKatie. Weneedyourhelpwiththisone!"

I just stood there "What?"

"Help need we!"

I looked back to Chase who looked pale "Oh this is bad."

AN: Part one is up! I decided to split it into two parts. Part two should be up by tomorrow night!

Comment and vote please!