Terrors Of The Heart

AN: Holy crap you guys are fast! You must really liked the chapter then =).

Can I get at least 15 votes and 10 comments until the next chapter? Please and thank you. Until then enjoy...

I turned around the corner leading me my way down my own street. It seemed like an eternity before I reached my doorstep. My hands fumbled around in my hoodie pocket until the jagged edge of my house key was in my grasp. I looked back for a second and could see the man coming closer and my heart picked up speed. My hands kept trembling "Come on. Come on. Unlock!"

I heard the clicked and sighed as I hurriedly opened the door then slammed it shut behind me locking it. Finally the tears of my terror slid down my face as I tried to calm my ragged breathing. I closed my eyes tightly and then opened them. The house was completely dark so I reached for the light switch.

"Hello? Dad? I'm home!" I yelled going through the living room and into the kitchen to see if my dad was there. He wasn't. My hands kept shaking so I wrapped my arms around myself to keep me from falling over. I was afraid of being alone. I searched my pocket until I found my phone and called the first person I could think of...Chase.

"Hello?" I heard after the second ring.

"Chase?" Even my voice shook from the fear.

"Katie? What's wrong? Are you crying?"

More tears flowed down my cheeks and I clutched the phone tighter in my hand "Could you come over please? I'm afraid to be alone right now."

I hated how pathetic I sounded.

A bang sounded from my right and I looked over to see a face in my window and I screamed bloody murder "Katie?!" The glass shattered and the man came through the door, his fist was bloody from the glass and the sneer was on his face.

"It's time to go lovely," he sneered and yanked my cell phone out of my hand and pressed it to his ear "Say goodbye to your lovely girlfriend." I screamed again before everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chase sighed as his siblings bickered on either side of him. If only Katie never left, that way he had someone to distract him from hearing this crap. Bree and Adam were still fighting over Adam cheating at Monopoly. They had been arguing for over three hours now! It was beginning to give him a major headache.

His pocket started vibrating and playing the song Closer by Teagen and Sara and Chase smiled. It the was ringtone Katie had chosen for whenever she called. At first he hated hearing the pop music, but as many times as they had talked on the phone, he was beginning to enjoy it. He wouldn't tell Leo or Adam that though. He would never live it down.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Chase?" His smile faded when he heard the genuine fear in her voice and instantly became worried.

He then heard her sob "Katie? What's wrong? Are you crying?"

"Could you come over please? I'm afraid to be alone right now."

Chase heard a bang and his heart stopped when he heard his love scream "Katie?!" he yelled which stopped Bree and Adam from arguing. The sound of glass shattering scared him half to death. What the hell was going on over there?

"It's time to go lovely," he heard a man say and his heart dropped to his stomach. He felt like he was about to vomit. There was some motion on the other side before the deep voice was directly in his ear "Say goodbye to your lovely girlfriend," and the line went dead.

Chase dropped the phone to his side as the tears of terror blurred his vision "What's going on Chase?" Bree whispered as she stepped in front of him "Was that Katie?" she noticed the tears in his eyes and instantly started crying "What happened to her?"

Davenport and Leo both took that opportunity to come down to the lab but stopped when he noticed his two bionics crying "What happened? Who died?"

"Something's happened." Chase said vaguly "Katie called asking me to come over. Said she was afraid to be alone. I heard glass shattering and Katie started screaming. A male voice," he choked out "There was a male voice telling her it was time to go and then he told me to say goodbye to her. We have to do something Mr. Davenport."

"I agree," he said seriously "Let me see your phone Chase. I can locate where she was when she called you and then we can decide what to do from there. Did you have the conversation recorded?"

Chase nodded as he gave Mr. Davenport his phone. He winced when he heard the conversation over again. Bree was crying and Adam was literally shaking in anger. Leo looked shocked and Mr. Davenport was concentrating "I can find out who took her by matching the voice into my data system. His file should come up soon."

Random faces popped up and disappeared as the computer searched through data files. A file popped up "Aaron Jacobs," Chase read "why would he take Katie?"

"Who knows," Davenport said "but it says here that he lives on 313 Ocean Avenue." Davenport paused "Doesn't Katie live on 314 Ocean Avenue?"

"So her kidnapper lives next door to her?" Leo asked "What the heck is going on???"

Yes Leo, that is what all my lovely readers would like to know.

If you would like to know the ending to this chapter, please vote and comment. Like I said before in my AN up at the top, I would like 15 votes and 10 comments and then I'll post the ending.

Please and Thank you!

~MarvelWorksWonders~