My Little Brother

I found myself skipping down to the lab. I was in a good mood for some reason, which I shouldn’t be considering where I have to be in the next half hour. If you were guess high school, then ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! When the doors opened Chase was flipping through a book and Adam was, oh that’s gross, he smelling his shoes.

I wrapped my arms around Chase’s waist and placed my cheek against his back “Hey there cutie.”

Chase jumps but turns around to face me, my arms still around him “You scared me.”

“Sorry,” I fake pout “I won’t do it again.”                                                          

Chase starts to laugh “What’s gotten you in a good mood?”

“Yeah, I’m not quite sure. Maybe it’s because I’m with you.”

My bionic boyfriend, wow, try saying that five times fast, pecked my forehead before we heard Adam sniff his shoe again.

“Aw, smells like something died in here!” Adam exclaimed “Whoa something did die in here!” I backed away as Adam’s shoes came into my vision “Guys look at this!”

Adam then shoves his shoe into Chase’s face “No,” Chase went back to his book.

“Well at least tell me if this is fur or mold,” Adam shoves his shoe towards Chase again and Chase pulls away.

“No,” was his reply again.

Adam puts his shoe back on but his foot goes completely through it by ripping the seam by the toe area. Okay, I knew he was strong but why destroy his own shoe?

“Adam, what did you do to your shoe?”

“I guess I don’t know my own strength. The same thing happened yesterday with my underwear. Oh that reminds me,” Adam pulled out the elastic band and puts in on Chase’s head. I take another step back “I got you a new head band for gym class.”

Chase throws it off his head and stares angrily at his older brother. He walks over to his book bag and both Adam and I follow him “Man, Mr. Davenport warned us about this. As we get older, our chips have to be recalibrated to adjust to our growth.”

Adam starts to laugh “Oh then yours will never have to be adjusted. ‘Cause your body doesn’t grow! Get it?” Chase continues to ignore him “I’m saying you’re small!”

“I get it,” Chase snaps “When Mr. Davenport gets back, and he can recalibrate your super strength. Toss me my back pack.”

And boy did he; Chase’s back pack went through the steel doors and there was a huge hole where Davenport’s logo was supposed to be.

“Or we could do it now,” Chase replied “Get in your capsule.”

“But I like being ridiculously strong,” Adam tried to tell us “I’m like King Kong without the little lady in his hand.” He then held out his hand to Chase “Go ahead Chase. Jump in.”

Chase shook his head “Go,” he pointed to Adam’s capsule before rolling his eyes at me for Adam’s stupidity.

“Fine,” Adam huffed.

“Alright let’s see,” Chase said over the controls “Adam’s size parameters; six one, a hundred and seventy five pounds,”

“Make it a hundred and eighty,” Adam patted his stomach “Had a big breakfast.”

“Since your strength is intensified I’m going to dial it back from an eight to a six,” Chase explained before typing in on the controls.

“Hold on, you can adjust my strength?” Adam’s voice vibrated through his capsule. Chase nodded “Well don’t dial me down, dial me a ten!”