Hole in One

AN: I am determined to update these chapters faster! Hope you all like!

After I had dinner with the Davenport’s I went home to wallow. In three days will be the fifteenth year of my mother’s passing. Those three days were the worst but my dad I always got through them. During the day we would wear our smiles on our faces and pretend that everything was fine and dandy. But when my bedroom door closes, the tears pour down like waterfalls and I cry myself to sleep. Every year on the anniversary of my mother’s death, dad and I spend all day at the graveyard where she’s buried and just sit there, not caring that I skipped school that day or the sudden storm clouds coming our way. It was like we didn’t care at all. I didn’t know how to tell the Davenport’s of my strange behavior that day. I just kept thinking about how sad they would all be if Tasha really didn’t come back and it led me to think about my mom. I was only a baby when she died so I really don’t remember a lot about her. All I knew from my dad was that she was so beautiful. He shows me pictures every now and then but to me they’re not the real thing. It may seem like it doesn’t bother me but in reality…it kills me.

So like every other day, I carry on and act like nothing is bothering me and that’s what I did when Chase called me…

Bree and Chase both had invited me over to hang out and I thought that would be okay considering the fact that they’re siblings and I could hand out with them at the same time. Yeah, that’s not how it went. When I got there Chase was the one to open the door and greet me with a hug and kiss. Bree came over and pushed Chase aside to hug me “I’m glad you came over Katie! I just got this sweet new pair of shoes and I want to show you!” she squealed.

“Uh, no she isn’t” Chase said “She’s hanging out with me! Go find someone else to bother.”

“I can make time to hang out with both of you,” I replied feeling flattered somewhat that they were fighting over me.

Bree scoffed ignoring me “No! Katie is MY best friend!” She said pulling on my hand.

Chase grabbed my other hand “Well she’s MY girlfriend! And she’s coming with me!” He said pulling on my other arm.

Soon I had enough with Katie Tug-O-War “Will you two stop it!” They both let go of my arms and I rubbed my shoulders “Look, I appreciate you guys wanting to hang out with me. So here’s what we’re gonna do. I will hang out with both of you at the same time. Kill two birds with one stone.” They both nodded.

“But I wanted to spend some alone time with my favorite girl,” Chase pouted.

“She’s your only girl,” Bree replied.

I took Chase’s hand in mine “How about I come over on Saturday and we can have some alone time then?”

Chase smirked and we could hear Bree groan “Sounds like a plan.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Later on we decided to go downstairs and get something to snack on. Adam came down with us and I noticed Mr. Davenport had a sheet over something “Hey guys! Check this out,” we all walked over to him “I picked this up at auction today and it only cost me a million dollars.”

A million dollars must mean he bought something really cool!

Adam looked at him in disbelief “What, for a sheet? Whoa I better start saving up if I want to be a ghost for Halloween.”

“It’s a painting Adam by a very famous artist named Vonshtop.” Davenport said taking off the sheet to reveal the painting.

“Hmm, I wish I would have been there to Vonshtop you from buying it,” Leo replied.