Llama Drama

I gathered up all my school books into my backpack before making my way out of my house. I was meeting up with the Davenport’s at their house and was going to walk to school with them. When I got there, I just used the key and headed down to the lab where Adam, Bree and Chase were getting ready to leave.

“Morning guys,” I replied “You guys ready to go?”

Chase pecked my cheek “Almost.”

Adam picked up a glass jar “Hey can I use this? I need a place to store my toe nail clippings.” I gagged and shouldered my backpack higher on my shoulder.

“You save your toenails,” Leo asked astonished.

‘Of course,” Adam replied “They’re nature’s toothpicks.”

“Ew,” I cringed “That is so gross.”

“You don’t even want to know what he flosses with,” Bree told me and I gagged again.

“You really don’t.”

Suddenly Chase rushed over from what he was doing with a clipboard and grabbed the glass jar from Adam’s hands “Hey! Get away from that,” he said “It’s not empty. There are thousands of metallic nano-bots in there.” Chase put the glass jar back on the counter top.

“Well then why can’t I see them?”

“Because they’re microscopically small,” Chase said.

“But,” Adam said “You’re microscopically small and I can see you.”

Oh Adam…always with the short jokes…it’s getting really old.

“Nano-bots are so tiny; they’re invisible to the human eye.” Chase explained “Here I’ll show you.” Chase grabbed a pair of goggles and told Adam to put them on.

“Whoa,” Adam marveled and Chase went on to explaining what they do.

“They function like mini doctors inside the human body. When patients swallow them, they’ll seek and destroy diseased cells or foreign matter.”

Sometimes I love my boyfriend’s big brain…

Adam took off the goggles “Ooh, I got a tennis ball and a mini statue of liberty somewhere in my gut,” Adam then patted his stomach for emphasis “It’s time to swallow a search party.” Adam went for the jar but Chase grabbed in back from him.

And sometimes I hate my boyfriend’s brother’s dumbness…

“Adam no! Those are valuable.”

“Come on Katie and Leo,” Bree said zipping up her backpack “We don’t want to step on broken glass.”

“What broken glass?”

Leo asked too soon and as Chase and Adam were fighting over the glass jar, it slipped and landed on the floor, glass shattered everywhere.

“Right,” he said before I followed them out of the lab. I didn’t want to deal with the aftermath of that one.

“I’ll meet you at school Chase!” I yelled over my shoulder in hopes that he heard me.

All I heard was a frantic “Bye!” come from behind me and I smiled as Leo, Bree and I entered the elevator.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I noticed Chase and Adam walk through the doors and was the first one to greet them “Nice to know you two finally showed up to school. What took you so long?”

Chase kissed my forehead “It took us over a half hour to get all the Nano-bots together. It was hard because there was only one pair of goggles and Adam kept playing with them.”