Part 13 ~ Followed

The three of them didn't say anything else for a few moments, and it was surprisingly peaceful.

They were just spending time together, away from everyone else in the Kingdom. It felt like a nice break.

After a while, George cleared his throat and looked back at Dream. "Hey, Dream.."

"Yeah?"

"Do you... do you think you could forgive me? I shouldn't have yelled at you before, I really shouldn't have.."

"Oh, please.." Dream laughed, but there was a hint of annoyance in his voice. "You don't need to ask my forgiveness for something like that."

"Yeah, but I wanted to.." George said quietly. "I don't want you to hate me."

"I don't hate you.. I could never hate you." Dream said quietly. "That's why even though it hurt, I tried to understand your point of view. I know you were just worried about me.."

"Of course I was." George said quietly. "But you're right.. I shouldn't have yelled at you like that."

"If that's what you really feel.." Dream said softly. "Then.. I forgive you."

George smiled, and then he reached over and put his arm around Dream, hugging him tightly.

"Thanks, Dream."

"You're welcome, George.." Dream said quietly, and he put his arm around George's shoulder.

Sapnap smiled as he watched the two of them, feeling glad that they had reconciled.

The three of them spent the next couple hours sitting together in the park and talking. They got to catch up on their lives, and it was a pleasant and relaxing day.

Eventually, however, the sun began to go down.

The skies were tinged with red and pink and orange, and the trees were starting to grow dark.

"Well, I think we've had our fun for today.." Sapnap said gently. "Shall we go back inside now?"

"Yeah, I guess so.." Dream sighed, getting to his feet.

"Okay then.." Sapnap said quietly, and he started to walk back towards the castle. George and Dream walked on either side of him, still deep in conversation.

Sapnap looked over at them with a fond smile, and then he looked back at the road ahead.

As they kept walking, a light rain began to fall. It wasn't cold, and the rain was just light enough to be a little calming.

Then, they heard footsteps coming towards them. Sapnap looked up, and his heart dropped when he saw a woman approaching them.

The woman had her face hidden under a hood, and she was wearing a dark cloak.

But her footsteps were heavy, and there was something unsettling about her presence alone.

She was almost behind them as they walked towards the castle, and Sapnap looked back at the others quickly.

He knew that George and Dream hadn't heard her footsteps yet, and he didn't want them to get a scare.

"Everyone, stop." Sapnap said quietly. "There's someone behind us."

George and Dream stopped, and they turned to look at Sapnap with confusion.

"What do you mean?" George said, turning his head towards the woman.

"Look for yourself.." Sapnap said, his voice quiet.

George and Dream turned toward the woman, and for a moment, they saw her clearly before she quickly hid her face again.