Part 14 ~ Date

Dream was in his room, lying on his bed. The curtains over his window that were closed, and the rain was slowly falling outside his window.

He wasn't sure if he could sleep, and his mind was racing with different thoughts.. But, he didn't want to think about what happened.

As he lay there, trying to calm down, he heard someone knocking on his door.

"What?" Dream murmured, and he got up from the bed.

He opened the door to see George standing there, his sword still in its sheath and his face looking exhausted.

Dream was silent for a moment, looking at George. "What are you.. what are you doing here?"

"I wanted to.. to talk, I guess.." George said quietly, glancing back at the door.

"It's late.." Dream said, his voice sounding tired. "What is it.. that you wanted to talk about..?"

"You're right, it is late.. I'm, um.. I just.." George swallowed, and then he let out a tired sigh. "Never mind."

"No.. it's alright.." Dream said, his voice soft. "What did you want to talk about?"

"Dream, can I please.. can I come in?.. It.. it's just, I'm a little.. uncomfortable out here.."

"Alright.. come in.." Dream murmured, and he opened the door wider to let George in.

"Thanks." George said, and he walked into the room.

George closed the door behind himself and then he looked at Dream again.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" Dream asked quietly.

"Oh, it's not important." George said with a slight shrug.

Dream said nothing, and George looked at him for a moment.

"I really should be going.." George said quietly.

"George, you're not going anywhere, ok? You can stay here for the night, if you want.." Dream said, his voice soft.

George paused for a moment, and then he nodded slowly. "Alright.. If it's alright with you."

"Yes, of course it is.." Dream said patiently. "Just.. Just relax, okay?"

George nodded again. "Yeah, I'll try.."

"Good, good.." Dream said.

George was still standing by the door, and he looked over at Dream as he sat back on the bed.

"So.. Have you slept yet?" Dream asked quietly.

"No, but I'll be fine." George said quietly. "Anyway, it's not about me, it's about.. well, you."

"Me?" Dream asked, giving George a look.

"Well, yeah.." George said slowly. "I'm here to.. ask you something."

Dream raised an eyebrow, but he said nothing as he waited for George to speak.

"So.. I guess I'll just, uh.. say it, yeah?" George said a little awkwardly.

Dream smiled slightly, and he gave George a nod to let him know that he understood.

George took a deep breath, and he cleared his throat.

"Dream, do you want to go on a date?"

Dream blinked for a moment, and then he looked at George in surprise. "A date..?"

Dream looked shocked, and his face immediately turned red.

"That.. that's what you wanted to..?" Dream said quietly, trailing off as he looked at George.