★ #28 | hugs

𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿
park jongseong
dedicated to elora for her birthday <3

(late birthday gift!)

★ #28 | hugs"would you like a hug?"

#28 | hugs
"would you like a hug?"

.𖥔 ݁ ˖ nicole's radio station
is now playing...

lovers rock tv girl
"and sit a little closer."

________

ENTERING her apartment, she sniffled as she closed her front door, beginning to slip off her shoes. Her presence didn't go unnoticed as Sarang came running down the hall, paws clicking against the wood floors as her tail wagged, expressing her happiness to see Hyerin once again.

Because of the puppy, Park Jongseong also realized the girl had arrived home. His socked feet padded against the floor, exiting the living room, where he was sitting with Sarang only a few minutes later, to greet Hyerin at the front door.

Atlas, his eyes met with hers, his gaze softening upon seeing her state. Eyes puffy from tears shed, the tip of her nose a vague pink color. "Are you okay?"

Such simple words, a commonly asked question. Yet, it seemed to seep through the depths of her mind as tears flooded her waterline, slipping from her eyes as they collided with the wood floor she stood so tall on.

"I, um.." She began, clearing her throat. "Ended the friendship. Officially." Hyerin informed, voice wavering slightly as she tried her best to keep composure, forcing a small smile at her lips as he nodded quietly, listening carefully to her voiced out thoughts.

"You did? That's really good." Jay chimed in quietly, taking a step towards the girl. "I'm proud of you." He added on, earning a breathy laugh from her as she avoided his gaze, not wanting him to see her so vulnerable, feeling extra sensitive.

"Thanks." She smiled slightly, hot tears slipping from her eyes as they spilled down her soft cheeks uncontrollably.

"Hyerin." Jay called out quietly, brows furrowed every so slightly as she sniffled, humming in response to her name being called. "Would you like a hug?" He asked, not wanting to overstep her boundaries in such a moment.

Hyerin paused, nibbling at her bottom lip before nodding her head weakly, raising her hand to wipe the endless stream of tears flowing down her face.

Upon her awaited confirmation, the boy wasted no time in wrapping his arms around her frame gently, holding her so delicately in his arms as his hand cupped the back of her head, fingers gently threading through her silky hair.