★ #31 | car drives

𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿
park jongseong
dedicated to monse !! <3

𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿park jongseongdedicated to monse !! <3

#31 | car drives
"get some rest, okay?"

.𖥔 ݁ ˖ nicole's radio station
is now playing...

cool about it • boygenius
"feelin' like an absolute fool about it."

______

TWO days had passed, the majority of the forty eight hours spent studying and driving back and forth between campus and her apartment building. The girl let out a sigh, leaning her head back against the headrest of her car seat. Getting stuck in traffic for a half hour was not ideal; wanting nothing more than to go home, shower and eat after a long day.

But, out of her luck, there happened to be a wide range of road work happening, leading to several different lanes being shut down for maintenance; all of which led to backed up traffic.

Leaning her elbow on the center console, her hand cupped her jaw as her eyes wandered around, car at a complete stop as she let out a yawn, humming quietly to follow it as her left hand dropped from the steering wheel to rest in her lap.

"New message from.. Jay, black heart." Her car computer spoke, robotic voice ringing through the built-in bluetooth speakers as she raised her brows. Her hand reached out to her controls, clicking 'read' as the robotic voice once again spoke, reading out the text message that was left for her

"I'm assuming you're done with class? Let me know when you get home or if you already are. Drive safely." The robotic voice read out, as Hyerin huffed out a small laugh at the message.

She had spoken to him about her class schedule briefly before. And, it was over a week ago. She was surprised he even remembered it.

After a moment of silence and pondering, her hand reached out to call him, as she didn't exactly want to text him whilst driving; despite being at a complete stop whilst stuck behind a long line of cars.

As the phone began to ring through her speakers, her hand reached out to adjust the volume levels to a quieter tone as she slumped back into her seat, hand fiddling with the seat belt wrapped around her as she wondered if he were to answer.

Soon enough, the familiar voice filled her ears, a gentle smile unknowingly tugging at the corners of her lips. "Hey, sorry, I nearly missed your call. I'm cooking right now." Jay chuckled.

Hyerin raised her brows, tilting her head off to the side. "Hmm? Oh, sorry. Is now a bad time? I don't want to bother you."

"No, no. Don't worry about it. My phone was just in the other room, I assure you that it's not a bad time. I could use some company while I'm cooking, anyway." The boy explained, earning a low hum.