Chapter Twenty Eight

ISAIAH

"Jingle bells, jingle bells

Jingle all the way

Oh, what fun it is to ride

In a one-horse open sleigh,

hey!"

"Please make him stop." Baron pleads as we watch Wesley skip down the hall belting out one of the most famous Christmas carols in his horrible singing voice.

"You're his best friend as well, you tell him to stop." I retort.

"You know he never listens to me." Baron grunts.

I go to call out to Wesley but he gets to the next verse and there's no stopping him.

"Dashing through the snow

In a one-horse open sleigh

O'er the fields we go

Laughing all the way

Ha ha ha

Bells on bobtails ring

Making spirits bright

What fun it is to ride and sing

A sleighing song tonight, oh!"

It's so horrible everyone is staring at him and cringing but he doesn't seem to care. Baron and I look at each other and do the next best thing since there's no stopping him. We plug our fingers into our ears like kids and it drowns out most of his noise but not completely. Wesley really has no shame because if he did he would notice how he is embarrassing himself and us by association.

Finally we make it to the art room which is empty except for my girl who is at her station working on her piece. Yes my girl, with Kennedy and I officially dating I can proudly call her that.

She was enjoying some quiet drawing time until we barge in and ruin her concentration. She looks up at us with a glare on her face but it's not enough to silence Wesley.

"Come on princess sing with me." He demands pulling her to her feet.

He proceeds to dance around with her and eventually her glare falls off and she laughs. She joins in and soon enough they are singing so loud it's echoing inside the whole class.

"Great now there's two of them." Baron mumbles clearly irritated.

Kennedy is actually good and she looks genuinely happy so I'm less annoyed than I was when it was just Wesley. They come to us and try dragging is into their dance circle. I cave but Baron doesn't leaving him standing at the door awkwardly glaring at us the whole time. I laugh and join them, trying to be as loud as possible just to annoy Baron more.

"Jingle bells, jingle bells

Jingle all the way

Oh what fun it is to ride

In a one-horse open sleigh

Now the ground is white

Go it while you're young

Take the girls tonight

Sing this sleighing song

Get a bobtailed bay

Two forty for his speed

And hitch him to an open sleigh

And you will take the lead."