Chapter Thirty Eight

KENNEDY

"Sit still." I demand for the umpteenth time glaring at a fidgeting Isaiah.

He scowls back at me and shifts once more. "I can't, this stool is too small for me."

"I know your tushy hurts but I need you to sit still, I'll be done soon." I reply dipping my brush once more into the pallet I have in my left hand.

He is right about the stool being too small and I could have found a bigger one but that thought crossed my mind too late.

"You know when you asked me to meet you in here during my free period, I did not think it was for this." Isaiah groans trying to be as still as possible.

We are in the art room and Isaiah is my model of the day.

"You thought I was calling you in here to make out." I chuckle peeking at him for a moment.

"Yes or something more." He mumbles making my eyes widen.

"Iz we are not having sex in school." I whisper yell.

"Why? Half the school population is." He reasons as if that is supposed to make me feel better.

"Doesn't mean we have to as well. And besides I called you in here because I love drawing you." I inform him.

Drawing Isaiah is one of my favorite things to do, has been from the day I met him thus why I have a whole drawing book dedicated to just him. But I have never done a painting of him, just pencil drawings thus why we are here.

"Awe but we both know you're just saying that to butter me up." He retorts.

"True but as my boyfriend it is your duty to be at my beck and call."

"Yes princess." He says mockingly.

"Don't let Wes hear you call me that, he is very territorial over that nickname." I remind him.

"I know." He groans adjusting himself once more.

I resist the urge to scold him again because he has been on that stool for a while and besides all the moving he's been doing a good job.

"Remind me again why I am shirtless." He asks.

"Why are you cold?"

"No just wondering."

"Aesthetic appeal." I grin at him.

"Or you just wanted an excuse to see my abs, Berry all you had to do was ask. I am all yours." He grins.

"Tone down the ego you smug bastard." I scoff but my cheeks get hot from being called out.

"Am I wrong?" He challenges.

"No." I mumble under my breath.

"Sorry I didn't quite catch that." He says holding his ear dramatically.

"No you are not wrong." I answer louder.

"I knew it." He laughs.

"Yeah, yeah, your girlfriend is obsessed with your body, big deal. Now sit still, I am almost done." I demand.

"Yes ma'am." He nods and resumes his original position.

He still has a smug grin on his face so I just roll my eyes at him and get back to work. As usual when I am doing something I love, time flies by and before I realize it the free period I'd stolen from Isaiah is over and we both need to head over to our next class.

"Thank you, you were a terrible model but I still had fun." I appreciate him as I help him button up his shirt.

He pulls me closer by my waist and lowers his head to kiss me. I know we are in the art room in the middle of a busy school day where anyone can walk in but I cannot resist the urge to kiss him back. He picks me up and places me on one of the tables on top of some very delicate art supplies but I am too engrossed in him to care.