Chapter Thirty Four

ISAIAH

"I'll take a bouquet of the blue hydrangeas and white tulips please." I request the florist without having to think about which type of flowers to buy.

She wraps them up for me beautifully and I promptly pay before leaving the floral shop. I know the hang between Kennedy and I is just a casual thing and I don't have to bring her anything but I like seeing her happy and flowers do that. Plus, they will boost my awesome boyfriend points and I can never have too many of those.

In as much as I am excited to see Kennedy, I am also nervous because I will be meeting her parents for the second time today. Our first meeting didn't go so well and now that Kennedy is my girlfriend, a lot more is at stake. I want them to like me because I like her so I am hoping that showing up in my Sunday best with a bouquet of tulips for her mom, minus Ruby this time will be a great conversation starter.

Glynn buzzes me in when I get to the gate and the drive up to the house makes me even more nervous. I have been here a couple of times but I don't think I will ever stop being overwhelmed by the extent of the Foster wealth.

"Welcome Mr. Carter." Glynn says as he receives me at the door.

"Thank you Glynn."

"They are waiting for you in the kitchen." He tells me as he puts my coat in the closet.

Good luck to me.

I take a deep breath, muster up all my courage and head towards the kitchen but I am surprised by who I find in there.

"Baby." Kennedy exclaims happily sliding off her stool to hug me.

I huge her back, flowers and all.

"Berry, these are for you." I say stepping back and handing her the blue hydrangeas.

"You didn't have to but thank you, I love them." She replies taking them from me and bringing them up to her nose.

She always does this when I buy her flowers and it has never stopped being cute.

"Good morning Isaiah." Astrid the only other person in the room greets me. "Don't you clean up nice." She adds motioning to the suit and tie that I'm wearing

"Morning Astrid, thank you. Early morning mass demands we dress respectably. I didn't know you were around." I reply.

"You sound bummed by that. Who were you expecting to see?" She asks.

"Your mom maybe, I brought these for her." I say showing off the other bouquet of tulips I'm holding.

"I'm sorry, you just missed them. They just left for LA." She explains.

A part of me is relieved that I will not be meeting the parents today but another part of me is ready to just get the meeting over and done with already.

"Well then please accept these on her behalf." I say offering the tulips to Astrid.

"It will be an honor." She smiles taking them. "They are beautiful."

"I'm glad you like them." I smile.

"Breakfast?" Kennedy asks pulling me towards the kitchen island.

"Why are you guys having breakfast at midday?" I ask noticing all the breakfast food laid out that is more than enough to feed a family of six but it's just the two of them.

"We had a girls' night and didn't sleep till dawn." Astrid explains.

I look at Kennedy for an explanation but she just grins at me and shrugs. When I dropped her off yesterday she could barely stand but then she managed to stay up all night with her sister. But then again they are super close and I know Kennedy misses Astrid when she is not around so I understand.