Chapter Thirty Five

KENNEDY

A frustrated groan escapes my lips as I struggle with the straps of my heels. After a few more seconds I am finally able to tie them off. I straighten up and face the mirror, a smile gracing my lips as I admire myself. I look good in blue a spaghetti strap gown with a thigh high slit, gold chunky heels, a gold necklace and my hair falling over my shoulders and back in shiny red curls. I am definitely ready for the event tonight, at least I'm dressed the part.

One of the few good things my mom taught me while being her overbearing self is how to dress for the occasion. Most especially when it comes to formal wear. Before my rebellious phase, my parents used to drag me to as many events as they could until I started acting out and they stopped. But for the first time in years I will be attending one of said events although this time I am going for Astrid and not my parents so I will be on my best behavior. Her boss, the Governor, is announcing his re-run for office at a charity auction and Astrid asked me to be her plus one. She has been so nice to me helping me with adjusting to Pine View and helping me maneuver our parents so I couldn't say no to her.

I start packing up my clutch with everything I might need for tonight and that's when I come across a familiar tie. I smile as I pick it up and bring it up to my nose. Isaiah must have left it here when he came over on Sunday. Spending time with him is always amazing but Sunday was special because we were intimate. It was the first time for the both of us and even though I have nothing to compare it to, it was better than I imagined. Isaiah is as generous and attentive in bed as he is in life. He made me feel safe, cherished and loved the whole time and I would like to think I did the same for him.

Just thinking about him is making me miss him and I contemplate texting him but I dismiss it since he's at work. I put the tie away, grab my clutch, a blue shawl matching my dress before leaving my room ready for the night ahead.

"You look beautiful miss." Glynn compliments as he helps me down the last step.

"Thank you Glynn. Tonight I am dressed to impress." I grin twirling around for him to see.

"And impress you shall." He replies holding his hand out for me.

He leads me out of the house and ushers me into the back seat of the BMW parked out front. I hate driving in heels plus I don't want to wrinkle my dress so Glynn was graceful enough to offer me a ride to the charity event where Astrid is waiting for me.

The ride into the city is smooth and my thoughts are occupied with everything that has happened since the semester began and all that is to come. My parents agreed to fund the Cairo trip for the whole school which I am very glad about. My relationship with Isaiah is going on strong and work at Frosty Dream couldn't be better.

Now all that is left is meeting Isaiah's family during Cairo's birthday. I am nervous about that but from all the stories he has told me about his family they seem nice so I hope they will be accepting of me. I just have to think of a kick ass present for Cairo so I can win him over. That will be easy enough since Isaiah has already told me of what he loves plus the theme of the birthday party is already giving me ideas. All I can hope for is that the introduction goes better than how it went down when Isaiah met my parents. There will be a redo of that but first let me meet his family.

"We're here." Glynn announces and I look up to see us in the car line headed up to the entrance of the luxurious hotel whose ball room has been rented out for tonight's event.

"Thank you Glynn." I express undoing my seatbelt.

"My pleasure miss. What time do you want me to pick you up?" He asks.

"I think I'll spend the night at Astrid's so I will see you tomorrow when she drops me off." I answer.

"Okay miss. Have a good night."