Epilogue

ISAIAH

"You have been messing around with that bracelet from the moment we left the house? What's so interesting about it?" My mom asks as we ride in the backseat of her car together.

She is giving me a ride to school which is the rendezvous point for all seniors. We are leaving for Egypt tonight and the school decided it was too messy for all of us to meet at the airport so the school it is. Driving myself to school wasn't an option so mom stepped up.

"It's a smart bracelet, Kennedy gave it to me for Valentine's day and we use it to send each other messages. See." I explain showing her how it works by sending Kennedy a message letting her know that I love her.

It lights up a moment later with the same message sent back from her.

"You kids and your technology, that's really sweet though." Mom answers impressed.

"I know." I grin.

"It was kind of The Fosters to fund your senior class trip, still not over the fact that you are dating a Foster heiress but you two are perfect for each other." Mom says.

"Honestly sometimes I don't believe it myself, she is so amazing and definitely out of my league but she chose me and every day I challenge myself to prove to her that I am worthy of her." I confess.

"You are worthy because I raised an incredible young man who has made me so proud." She says making my heart swell with pride.

"Thanks mom."

"Anytime baby. Just promise me one thing ..."

"Anything."

"Be happy, that is the one thing I pray for more than anything." She requests.

"I am mom." I assure her.

"Good, that's all I ever want for you." She smiles kissing my temple.

Ever since the accident mom has been treating me like an egg even though it has been two months already. She demanded that I go back to therapy and for her own peace of mind, Kennedy's and my own good I agreed it was for the best. My first therapist wasn't much help so I was wary giving another one a chance but Dr. Wallace has been amazing so far. He fixed my sleeping schedule and we are currently working on my trauma's that led me to be so messed up in the first place. So far so good because I am making great progress.

"So are you excited for Egypt?" Mom asks.

"You have no idea, it's going to be awesome, much better than if we'd gone to Chicago." I reply.

"I've been there, it's a beautiful country so I know you'll have fun as long as you watch out for each other and make sure to wary of the scammers." Mom warns.

"There are scammers?" I exclaim.

"Yes especially where the pyramids are but you will have your teachers with you and legit tour guides so I am not worried." She replies.

Her words do little to comfort me after telling me there are scammers but all in all I am still excited for Egypt. We have been looking forward to this trip since the beginning of the year, Wesley more than anyone else. It will be good to spend some time together as a group before we all go off to college after summer is over. I will surely miss all my friends once we go our separate ways but it's time for us to part so we can grow individually.

After Egypt I will be done with high school for good and to be honest I had some good and bad times. Freshman year was hard because of all the bullying but after Wesley, Baron and I became best friends that all came to an end. Playing basketball with them and becoming co-captains with Baron was amazing. I am still bummed that I missed the championship but my boys managed to bring the trophy home without me and I couldn't be prouder.