I

FIRST ENCOUNTER

FIRST ENCOUNTER

Draped in a scarlette silk hand woven gown, meticulously tailored to fit her every curve, Mijako found herself perched at the dimly lit bar

Draped in a scarlette silk hand woven gown, meticulously tailored to fit her every curve, Mijako found herself perched at the dimly lit bar. Her delicate fingertips nervously tapped against the crystal glass of whiskey, each sip carrying a searing burn as it slid down her throat. Yet, this fiery elixir did little to quell the fearful clawing in her chest. Amidst the soft murmurings of conversations and intermittent bursts of laughter that enveloped the room, Mijako's chaotic life was momentarily shrouded in a deceptive veil of normalcy.

Stealing a fleeting glance at her reflection in the bar mirror, Mijako beheld a weary image of herself. The once vibrant sparkle that danced within her eyes had dimmed, replaced by a dullness borne from the weight she carried. A weight imposed by that accursed succubus.

Unbeknownst to the world, concealed among her siblings – Kissani, Lola, and Bishop – lurked an unseen force unleashed as a result of their ill-fated sacrifice intended for the Nirotti mafia. As if Mijako's upbringing within a criminal family had not bestowed enough difficulty upon her.

Lola, the eternally ambitious, and Kissani, cynical to their core, had reposed faith in the notion that the Nirotti's required a greater share of power in order to survive. Though their beliefs diverged, they stood united on the premise that sacrifices, however undesirable, were the path to success.

On a moonlit night, the solemn gathering transpired within their childhood home. Encircled around a sigil crafted from sand the color of blood and illuminated by the flickering candlelight, they embarked on their ritual. Bishop, reciting incantations from the decaying pages of "The Book of Shadows," permeated the air with a pungent blend of charred herbs.

Yet, that pivotal moment, where destiny should have unfurled as planned, veered catastrophically off course. Instead of invoking the favor of a formidable demon, they had unwittingly summoned the wrath of a succubus who, by force, had claimed Mijako as her unwilling vessel.