XXXVI

I see all the active love on this story, so I wanted to write an extra short chapter as an appreciation token. Thank you so much. 🌟

Helios was changed to Damianos for fun.

REUNION OF DEITIES

Mijako and Siraj stepped out of their rented car, their eyes widening as they gazed upon the grand facade of Mirage heights, the most luxurious hotel in all of Italy. The sun was setting behind the magnificent structure, casting a warm golden glow on the intricately carved stone walls and towering spires.

As they approached the entrance, a liveried attendant hurried forward to take their bags. Mijako marveled at the opulent chandelier hanging in the expansive lobby, while Siraj couldn't help but admire the plush carpets that felt like walking on clouds beneath their weary feet.

"Welcome to Mirage Heights," said a well-dressed receptionist with a charming smile as they approached the counter. "How may I assist such you guests?"

"We need a room for the night," said Mijako, ever the practical one and tired from their long journey.

"Of course," replied the receptionist efficiently, making arrangements for their stay.

As Mijako signed for their luxurious suite, she noticed Siraj's eyes narrowing; his expression darkened ever so slightly. She didn't need to ask what was happening; she could already feel it: his incubus stirring within him.

Lowering her voice so that only Siraj could hear, Mijako whispered urgently, "Keep it together, Siraj. We're almost there."

His response sent chills down her spine: "I'm trying, Mijako... but you know how this is."

His voice had taken on that silken quality only present when his demonic side began to take control of him. The change in Siraj made it all too clear that time was running out.

With haste, they thanked the receptionist and followed another attendant to their room — a decadent chamber fit for royalty. Heavy velvet curtains framed the floor-to-ceiling windows, while a four-poster bed draped in fine silks beckoned invitingly.

Once alone, Mijako turned to Siraj, her heart pounding with a mix of fear and concern. "How long have you been fighting it?" she asked hesitantly.

"Since we left the car, I don't know what came over me," he admitted, his breathing growing ragged as he struggled against the encroaching darkness. "I don't know if I can hold him back much longer."

Mijako stepped forward and grasped both of his hands in hers. "We've faced this before. We'll face it now." She looked deep into his eyes, trying to hold on to the man she knew before the incubus threatened to engulf him completely.

A subtle shift of energy filled the room as the incubus clawed its way to the surface. Siraj gasped, his eyes ablaze with an unnatural hunger, his grip tightening about Mijako's hands as her heart raced with anticipation and dread.

Though this wasn't the first time they'd faced this battle together, they knew that each encounter with the incubus put not just Siraj at risk, but all they held dear. Their journey had taken a darker turn, one that would test their resolve and strength as allies and friends — but above all else, protectors.

Damianos exuded a sinister smile, unleashing his demonic powers and propelling Mijako forcefully across the room, her body hurtling towards the cascading shower. With a commanding prowess, he manipulated her every movement, swiftly and effortlessly disrobing her. Closing in on the veil of steam emanating from the shower, he divested himself of his own apparel, joining her in the intimate confines. As he intimately pressed his form against hers, he whispered, "I possess an intimate knowledge, akin to that which she possessed of you. One could argue that I am still inexorably linked to your existence."

Damianos felt that Mijako and his vessel were a sight to behold. "You see, Aphrodite had no choice but to undertake this task, as it was the sole means to release me from within her essence. Now, I am capable of bringing her back, back to residing within you." Damianos' grin was wicked as he observed his own hand, which was now Siraj's hand, witnessing the emergence of sharp talons. "Fear not, my dear. I assure you, this shall not inflict pain upon your delicate being." Damianos' voice laced with darkness, his tongue sensually grazing her chest.

With deliberate precision, Damianos dragged his nail across her neck, reveling in the sight of crimson blood cascading forth, as he began to recite an incantation. The moment of transformation arrived swifter than anticipated, facilitated by their intertwined past, as Mijako's eyes glimmered with the radiance of Aphrodite's essence. "You have chosen well, for these humans? Amaze me. What a dazzling pair we have become and he looks just like me."

Aphrodite detected the profound sorrow resonating within Mijako, prompting her to retreat into a dormant state. Damianos, perplexed by this sudden change, gradually comprehended the recent tragic ordeal that had befallen Mijako - the harrowing experience of her father's hand in the forced termination of her pregnancy. Inexplicably, however, no fear emanated from Mijako, only a solemn tranquility that washed over Damianos, causing his hands to gradually return to their normal state.

Damianos declared in a commanding voice that she shall have another, his hand gracefully gliding over her stomach, like a painter delicately brushing a stroke on a canvas. He, too, decided to fall dormant within Siraj's vessel, merging their energies as one.

As Siraj awakened to his surroundings, he became acutely aware of his body pressed intimately against Mijako's. Her hands pulled him even closer, their longing palpable in each touch. Locked in a hypnotic gaze, she silently commanded him to have his way with her, and the primal urge in Siraj ignited, surrendering to their profound connection.