IX

JUST A TASTE

JUST A TASTE

The dank, poorly illuminated locker room was saturated with anxiety as Siraj stood amid the sultry dancers, their heavily made-up faces gloomy

The dank, poorly illuminated locker room was saturated with anxiety as Siraj stood amid the sultry dancers, their heavily made-up faces gloomy. He could sense the scorching gazes of discontent as they unwillingly lent him their ears. The atmosphere was laden with the aroma of perspiration, inexpensive fragrances, and wounded emotions. Siraj gestured emphatically with his hands, fervently striving to reconcile tattered bonds.

"Listen up, ladies," Siraj implored. "This nonsense needs to be cut short. Arguing over what happened last night won't improve anything'."

"You don't got a clue, Siraj," Dyme retorted, her cheeks flushed with indignation. "Mijako had no business going behind my back like that."

"Preach!" Dove interjected, flicking her hair defiantly over her shoulder. "She knew y'all were once together and she went ahead anyway!"

"But didn't you know about them flirting, Dyme?" Honey inquired pointedly. "You can't be turning a blind eye then get heated when it all comes crashing' down. Plus, she already beat your ass."

Dyme's fists tightened in aggravation. All of a sudden, the door flew open and Mijako strutted in, her hips undulating cockily as she surveyed the room. Her eyes promptly fixated on Dyme's and she disdainfully rolled them.

"Here we go," Mijako sneered. "I'm sure Y'all have had beef over stupid shit too! For the record you loud mouth bitch Dove, I don't know any of you, therefore? My loyalty does not exist for any of you, except Honey. She's the only non-hating bitch here." She sauntered over to Siraj and nonchalantly placed a hand on his arm.

Mijako playfully voiced her thoughts, "Siraj's been a blast for real," her eyes sparkling with mischief. "We appreciate your grand concern Dyme, but believe me, he isn't into delusional bitches like you."

Dyme's jaw clenched, and she jutted her chin in defiance. "Bitch you think you're hot shit? Perhaps it's 'bout time you sought amusement elsewhere and quit pokin' your nose into places it don't belong!"

Nonchalantly, Mijako smirked as her slender fingers trailed through Siraj's curls. "I'm good right here, with someone who values my presence," she retorted with a velvety tone.