V

NIROTTI DANCE/ SACRIFICE

As the pungent aroma of spices hung in the air, Mijako was ensconced at a grand, ebony table encircled by her mafia kin

As the pungent aroma of spices hung in the air, Mijako was ensconced at a grand, ebony table encircled by her mafia kin. The dining chamber was draped in a heavy cloak of darkness, pierced only by the weak glow of candles that cast sinuous shadows which seemed to whisper of vice. The table groaned under the weight of an alluring spread — platters of juicy meats cloaked in sumptuous gravies beside an array of foreign fruits and wines costly enough to ransom kings.

Nevertheless, Mijako's fixation lay not on this feast of opulence, but on the entity exerting its will over her in those moments. Frozen like a puppet awaiting strings' pull, she sensed an inner force emerging, seizing control – this force was Aphrodite, a tempestuous succubus who had seized command over Mijako's very essence.

A disquieting hush settled like fog over the gathering as diners savoured their repast in muted tones, unable to articulate the unease that stifled their voices. Attempts to draw Mijako into dialogue were met with her glacial presence and indifferent glance, rebuffing them coldly.

The others couldn't help but note Mijako's silence and detachment was stark against her usual demeanor; truly, it was Aphrodite who muted her, focusing intently on one particular guest.

This man possessed stature and a sharp visage deemed handsome by mortal standards. His seat at their elite table came by virtue of his stature in criminal echelons. His potential value to Mijako's father's schemes was evident, yet it wasn't his power itself that lured Aphrodite—it was an underlying urge to dominate and entice which she relished.

As night drew on, Mijako felt Aphrodite's influence wax and wane within her like moon-pulled tides; moments where her consciousness surfaced were fleeting before being submerged once more beneath waves of enticing charm emblematic of Aphrodite.

Throughout the evening, every secretive exchange with this unaware man intensified their silent tango of attraction. Each time he met her gaze there flickered a covert yearning which the succubus devoured eagerly.

Without a moment for Mijako to gather her thoughts, the omnipotent grip of Aphrodite seized control. She spoke through Mijako's lips with an unsettling serenity that crept coldly down the spines of all who listened.