XXIII

A MATCH IN THE RING

Mijako was well aware that her intricate plan's success hinged on investing more time to familiarize Siraj with her surroundings, cleverly positioning them as the least likely suspects when the masterful scheme eventually unfolded.

With Siraj, she stepped confidently into the bustling boxing club. The electrifying atmosphere was charged with anticipation for tonight's highlight: Carmelo, the pride and joy of Vinny's family, pitted against a world-famous fighter in an unforgettable match. As esteemed guests of Vinny himself, they were treated to the most sought-after seats in the house, ensuring an unparalleled viewing experience.

In contrast to typical boxing clubs, Carmelo's haven stood apart, forbidding cameras and hosting clandestine matches – a fitting reflection of the enigmatic Nirotti family's affairs.

She cast her eyes upon Siraj, gracing him with a heartfelt smile while tenderly interlocking her fingers with his. A wave of solace washed over her as he became aware of the secret dwelling within her soul. However, certain desires remained concealed from him; for instance, the fervent longing to share a sultry night of passion, united with him and the masculine embodiment of Aphrodite. Merely the thought caused her thighs to press instinctively together, betraying her innermost yearnings.

Aphrodite's intoxicating whispers echoed in her mind, her divine power invoking the familiar sensations she had dreamt of time and time again. Her very essence pulsed with a fervent yearning as she clenched Siraj's hand within her grasp, her focus desperately attempting to remain on the impending spectacle of her cousin making his grand entrance into the boxing ring.

The air in the arena was thick with anticipation and tension, as if it could almost be sliced through with a knife. Mijako took her seat beside Siraj, who was leaning forward to get a better view of the boxing ring. The metal stands were packed tight with anxious spectators. Everyone's gaze was locked onto the two men standing in the far corners of the age-hardened canvas floor.

Carmelo stood there defiantly, his muscular arms hanging down at his sides seemingly relaxed, belying the smoldering fire within him. His brow furrowed as he studied his opponent, taking note of every detail – the tattoos etched across his arms like an ancient warrior; an old scar snaking its way from beneath his chin to near his right ear; and eyes that seemed to shoot daggers, each one aimed directly at Carmelo's heart.

Mijako felt Siraj's index finger jab her shoulder suddenly, drawing her attention away from the ring. "You see that?" he whispered with an air of excitement around him. "That right there is determination - your cousin, Carmelo's savage focus and drive? that'll get him through this fight."

With impeccable timing, a loud bell rang out over the arena, signifying the start of what promised to be a brutal contest between two incredible athletes.

Carmelo's feet began to dance beneath him as if acting independently from the rest of his body. With each inch he claimed towards his opponent – whom they had dubbed The Viper - it seemed as though a coil within him tightened further and further. Mijako could feel herself gripping Siraj's hand for dear life, her knuckles turning white beneath the pressure.

The first clash between these titans was swift; like two lions locking horns out on a sun-scorched savannah. The initial jabs traded back-and-forth between them were quick and probing, testing each other's weaknesses before the real onslaught could begin.

But within moments, the battle had intensified. Viper unleashed a brutal left hook, his arm coiling back like a spring before snapping forward with all the fury of his namesake's venom-laden strike. Mijako winced as she watched her cousin stagger sideways. But to her relief and amazement, Carmelo countered almost instantly; slipping a devastating blow to Viper's ribcage. The muffled crack of bone echoed through the arena.