XXXV

THE TRUE VESSEL

Rain drizzled along the streets of the city, adding a somber note to Mijako and Siraj's journey as they approached the sultry glow of neon lights. They could hear the laughter and excitement of people inside the strip club, matching its colorful exterior. The flashing sign, "Carnal", stood as a beacon in the dark, stormy night.

Upon reaching the entrance, a bouncer stepped aside to let them in. The thumping music crashed over them like waves as they made their way through the dimly lit room, passing rowdy patrons, waitresses weaving through the crowd with trays of drinks, and attractive dancers. These dancers sashayed seductively with smiles full of secrets.

Siraj paused for a moment to breathe in this world he had built before following Mijako towards the back office where his brother Francisco awaited. The wooden door creaked open, revealing Francisco hunched over a desk heaped with papers and empty bottles of alcohol.

"Ah, Siraj! I was wondering when you'd arrive!" Francisco straightened up and extended his arms for a hug.

"Let's get to it." Siraj said curtly, brushing past his brother's embrace.

Mijako leaned against the desk with a bored expression on his face while Francisco eyed him warily.

"Alright," Siraj steeled himself before continuing. "Francisco, I've decided I'm leaving. This life isn't for me anymore."

The room fell silent as Francisco processed what he heard. A mix of disbelief and anger flashed across his face before settling into cold determination.

"You can't be serious," Francisco scoffed. "You're just going to leave everything we built together?"

Siraj looked away for a moment before answering softly, "I'm giving you full control over everything – this club and all businesses tied to it. There's a catch; promise me you'll run them responsibly and with integrity from now on. We both know there are things that must change."

Francisco stared hard at his brother, trying to decipher the sincerity behind his words. He finally nodded with a long exhale. "Alright, if that's what you want, then I promise."

Siraj handed Francisco a stack of documents, "These are the papers you need to sign. It'll transfer all power and assets to you."

Francisco glanced down at his brother's gift – an opportunity to completely take over. As he signed each page, he couldn't help but ask, "What's next for you, then?"

Siraj looked out the window into the dark night, contemplating his future and trusting Mijako to guide him along the right path.

"I don't know yet," he replied truthfully before turning back to his brother, "but it's time for me to break away from my past and start anew and I'll keep in touch with you, you're my brother for life."

With the final signature in place and their agreement solidified, Mijako escorted Siraj out of the club without looking back. Their departure marked the beginning of Siraj's journey towards self-discovery and redemption – an uncharted path that could lead anywhere.

As they exited the warm embrace of neon lights into chilling rain outside, Mijako asked quietly, "Are you sure about this?"

"I have to be, I've never been more sure about you," Siraj responded with unwavering resolve.

For Mijako and Siraj, leaving the United States for good had once seemed like a far-off dream. However, as they now sat in the back seat of their sleek black sedan, parked inconspicuously at the edge of a dimly lit parking lot, it was now a reality that loomed larger with each passing moment. Reflecting on the series of risky and calculated moves they had made over the past few months in preparation for their great escape, it was time to address one last crucial task – wiring all the money they had together in an offshore account.