XXIX

REOPENING NIGHT

It was finally the night everyone had been anticipating. Siraj could feel the excitement buzzing in the air as he made his way through the backstage corridors. He knew how important this opening night was for him, his club, and everyone working there.

Entering the locker room, he found a group of strippers huddled together in a corner talking. Sensing their nervousness, Siraj decided to join them and offer some words of encouragement. The murmurs hushed as they turned to face him expectantly.

"Hey there, everyone!" Siraj greeted them warmly. "I know it's just minutes away from the opening night, and I can sense that you're all feeling a bit jittery. But I just wanted you all to know that you're amazing, talented performers, and I believe in each one of you."

The girls smiled, their expressions visibly relaxing at his kind words. Siraj continued, "We've worked hard to get here, and tonight is the night we finally show the world what we've got. So let's go out there and make it a night to remember!"

Cheers broke out among the dancers, showing their appreciation for their boss's pep talk before they began making their way towards the stage.

Just then, Mijako entered the locker room quietly; watery eyes and evident tears catching Siraj's attention immediately. His concern grew as he observed her disheveled appearance – something very uncharacteristic of her meticulous nature. She looked like she had been crying.

"Siraj," she whispered with a quivering voice, "I need to talk to you."

He didn't hesitate for a moment before excusing himself from the group of strippers he had been addressing only moments ago. Taking Mijako gently by the arm, he led her into his office situated next to the locker room.

As they entered his office, Siraj couldn't help but wonder what had transpired that was causing Mijako so much distress. Turning to face her, he gently asked, "Mijako, what's wrong?"

Tears streamed down her cheeks as she sobbed uncontrollably. Siraj patiently waited, allowing her to gather her thoughts and find the words she needed.

Eventually, Mijako managed to choke out her story between sobs. As she recounted the events from earlier in the week, it became clear that she had faced a terrible situation that shook her deeply.

Siraj listened with growing concern and sympathy. But he knew now wasn't the time for judgment or questions; Mijako needed comfort and reassurance. His heart broke, learning that her father would even do such a terrible thing and learning that he would have been a father.

He was filled with rage, on the verge of leaving and going to kill her father once and for all, but he knew Mijako desperately wanted to stick to her well calculated plan.

Pulling her into a tender embrace, Siraj whispered soothing words in an attempt to calm her frazzled nerves. As they stood there, wrapped in each other's arms, Mijako found solace amidst the steady beat of Siraj's heart.

Time seemed to blur as Siraj held Mijako, determined to console her through this trying time. He eventually glanced at the clock on his office wall and realized that the opening night was fast approaching. Despite his concern for his partner's well-being, he knew they had a responsibility to their audience and employees.

Gently easing away from the embrace, Siraj looked into Mijako's eyes with unwavering care and support. "Baby," he said softly, "I'm so sorry, why didn't you tell me sooner?."

Knowing that they couldn't postpone reality any longer, Siraj and Mijako steeled themselves for facing the trials of both the behind-the-scenes drama and the club's opening night – a night where they were determined to triumph over adversity and make their mark as leaders in the world of sin.