XVIII

NOTES:
if you remember in chapter two, i said that aphrodite not only can reside in mijako, but also take on a physical form outside of her.

aphrodite is a demon, powers are unlimited. please keep this in mind. :)

aphro- will be for the opposite gender form taken on by aphrodite.

enjoy. <3

A WILD EXPERIENCE

Mijako glanced nervously at Siraj as they walked hand in hand toward the roadside diner. The neon sign above the establishment flickered eerily, casting shadows on her worried face. Tonight, she was to introduce her boyfriend to the partners of her father's mafia family – the infamous Vinatto clan.

Siraj, on the other hand, seemed surprisingly calm. He exuded an air of confidence despite the impending encounter with dangerous criminals. Little did Mijako know that her charming boyfriend was secretly a notorious serial killer who had evaded capture for years.

The couple entered the noisy diner, and Mijako guided Siraj through the crowded room towards a dimly lit corner table. There, several burly men dressed in dark suits were huddled together, murmuring among themselves. Mijako sensed their tension as they approached the table; this was no ordinary family gathering.

"Tommy," Mijako greeted, embracing the man who appeared to be the group's leader. "This is Siraj, my boyfriend."

Siraj extended his hand confidently and met Tommy's cold gaze with unwavering determination. "Nice to meet you," he said casually.

Tommy scrutinized Siraj for a moment before shaking his hand firmly. "Mijako speaks highly of you," he said gruffly before gesturing for them to sit down.

As they took their seats, Siraj found himself assessing each member of this underground organization, noting every facial expression, gesture, and conversation taking place around them. It was second nature for him—to always be aware and analyze his surroundings.

One of Mijako's cousins leaned over and whispered sharply into her ear. "Vinny wants to see him," she said with narrowed eyes, referring to Mijako's older cousin who worked closely with the Vinatto's– he was one of the boss of all bosses within the Nirroti family.

Mijako looked at Siraj, unsure of what to say but knowing she couldn't refuse the powerful man who had called this meeting. "Siraj, my cousin Vinny wishes to speak with you privately."

Siraj raised his eyebrows in slight surprise but kept his composure. "Sure," he replied nonchalantly.

He followed Mijako's cousin through the narrow corridors of the diner until they reached a small, dimly lit room covered in heavy drapes. The air inside was thick with anticipation. Sitting behind a heavy oak desk was a large, imposing man, identifiable as Mijako's cousin.

"So, you're the man my baby cousin seems so enamored with," he rumbled like an earthquake, not even attempting to hide his disdain.

Siraj didn't flinch as he met the older man's gaze. "Yes, sir. I am Siraj." He could feel Mijako's cousin studying him intently—an examination he appeared to pass.

"Well then," the old man said after a moment's silence, leaning back in his leather chair. "Mijako is dear to me and my family. We will be watching you very closely, young man." He paused before adding ominously, "I trust you understand the consequences if you were to hurt her in any way."

Siraj held his gaze without wavering, his voice steady as he replied, "Of course." Internally, however, he smiled wickedly as he contemplated just how dangerous this game between two predators had become. Unknown to both Mijako and her father's family/partners at this table of wolves sat the deadliest among them.