❥ 𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙎𝙞𝙭❥

Danielle's POV

Aaron's things were packed and sitting by the garage for him to pick up. I sat on the counter in the kitchen just thinking...why me. 

That was until I received a knock on the door notifying me that the locksmiths were here.

I opened it greeting the two men. The duo seemed to be father and son..the son was very handsome. I allowed them in and began conversating with them.

"Yeah, sorry for the short notice but I-"

*Buzz Buzz*

*Buzz Buzz*

*Buzz Buzz*

I ignored my phone going off while I continued to talk to the locksmiths.

"I really need to get these things changed. " I tell the two men. 

"Not a problem honey, this should only take a while to complete" The older man assures me.

"Shawn, go ahead and start on the back and i'll take on the front" He orders the young boy

"Sure thing pops" He replies and gives me a small smile before walking to the back.

The older man makes his way to the front door and begins his work. 

"So..how long have you've been doing this type of work Mr...?" I question him.

He laughs and then says "Mr. Peters and I've been doing this before you were born honey, I plan on retiring soon and passing this down to my boy in there." He explains and gives me a warm smile.

I nod and return the friendly gesture.

"If you don't mind me asking, why did you need your locks changed in such short notice?" He asks.

It takes a minute for me to gather my thoughts and then I tell him

"Had to do a house sweep, needed these changed in case some squatter came back."

He nods and finishes up his work. 

I walk past him and head to the kitchen to make them some refreshments. I grab two glasses and load them with ice cubes and some sweet tea.

After making them, I grabbed both glasses and made my way to the younger boy.

He was too focused on the lock to notice my presence behind him. I cleared my throat and he jumped slightly.

"Oh man, you gave me a mini heart attack" He says  while holding his chest.

"Oops didn't mean to, I just brought you some tea as a courtesy."  I explain as I hand him the glass.

"Thank you, I appreciate it." He says with his southern accent.

I give him a smile and walk towards his father.

"Oh miss?" He calls out

I stopped walking and turned around to give a questioning look.

"I forgot to introduce myself, my name is Shawn." He introduces.

"Hi Shawn, I'm Danielle" I respond.

"Beautiful name for a even more beautiful woman?" He says.

I thank him and continue towards his dad. I find Mr. Peters standing by the door wiping the sweat off his forehead.

"Whew, retirement might need to come earlier" He jokes.