Chapter 2 (OLD)

"ɱεεƭ ყσµ αɠαเɳ"

Aether's POV:

The sun was visible no more once I reached my hand to the sky and yawned a big one. My hands then landed on my eyes, rubbing them ever so lightly as I turned to Paimon and spoke.

"We better head to sleep." - A

To that she nodded and so we made our way back to our room, falling in the similar sheets of Wangshu Inn.

.

.

.

The next morning I woke up to loud yelling coming from outside. Surprisingly though, Paimon stayed sound asleep. I quickly got changed and peeked outside of the door to see everyone in Wangshu Inn panicking and running all around the place. Soon enough someone ran towards me and said.

"Traveler! Hurry and go down and help us! Many hilichurls have started raiding Wangshu Inn for some unknown reason! And Alatus is nowhere to protect us!" - ???

Without even letting me reply the person ran away and headed to the next door immediately, warning the other there livers. I quickly turned back inside of the room and grabbed my weapon off of the ground, which to Paimon woke up to. She rubbed her eyes and asked.

"Huh?... Traveler?... What's happening." - P

"Hurry, Hilichurls are raiding Wangshu Inn!" - A

I spoke and grabbed her with my free hand, immediately running down the stairs. Once I got down, I saw how many people who were unable to carry a vision, were in a protective stance with swords and all sorts of weapons imaginable. Then the familiar voice of Verr Goldet spoke to me.

"Ningguang sent some reinforcements and they are on their way as we speak. But until then I'm sorry but we have to trouble you with this." - VG

I let a smug smile erupt my face as I responded.

"Are you kidding me? This is my specialty!" - A

With that I unsheathed my blade and dashed off with Paimon behind my back, running straight to the front line. In under a minute, every person who struggled, got freed as my blade sliced the bother that attacked them. After I did so I ran to where they were closest the most and used wind blade to push them back. Then I jumped in the air and unleashed a smaller tornado that destroyed every hilichurl in it's way.

This battle lasted like an hour and a half until finally every hilichurl has vanished from the sight. After I made sure everything was clear I put away my sword, crouched down and took a long breather. Paimon kept patting me on the back in the mean time.

"You did great Traveler! Just like always!" - P

After a while I got up straight, stretched my back and began to make my way to the other side of Wangshu Inn to head back up. But to my surprise my eyes couldn't help but notice the two familiar faces of a purple and blue haired girl, Keqing and Ganyu. They kept looking around on whether or not this call was a prank or did something actually happened. But as soon as their eyes landed on me I noticed a relieved face expression forming on the two's face. I walked up to them and Keqing immediately stroke up a conversation.

"So you are why this chaotic place calmed down so fast. Welcome to Liyue once again Traveler." - K

"Thank you." - A

I smiled lightly.

"Well since we are not needed here I think we better get going then. We still got to unpack the goods that the Crux fleet is carrying on it's way." - G

"Ah, right. I completely forgot." - K

Keqing turned to Ganyu. To that I raised my eyebrows in surprise and Paimon once again took the words out of my mouth, asking what I wanted.

"You two leaving already?" - P

"Yes. This year Ningguang plans to make the Lantern Rite Extremely over the top." - K

"It was nice meeting you two again!" - G

Ganyu raised her hand into the air as she turned around along with Keqing.

"Yeah! Hope to see you at Lantern Rite!" - K

With that the two of them stormed off and I made my way back into Wangshu Inn. For most of the day I helped Verr Goldet with registration and Chef Yanxiao with food and ingredient delivery. At around noon me and Paimon headed into the kitchen and grabbed ourselves some food. And finally In the afternoon Paimon and I headed into Liyue Harbor to take up our commissions from Katheryne and finish the day off with four domain explorations within the area. By the time we finished the sun had already hid behind the mountains so it was finally time for us to return to the warm and safe place of Wangshu Inn.

Me and Paimon were making our way through Dihua Marsh where we noticed a few fireflies whom we caught immediately. Soon we almost reached the bridge that connected Dihua Marsh with Wangshu Inn but cause my eyes focused on the scenery instead of what's in front of my feet I suddenly tripped and found myself on the ground in a second, hitting my head against the hard ground.

I slowly was on my way to get into a normal sitting position and then stand up as I held my head, but suddenly a hand appeared in front of me, reaching out to me. My eyes traveled from that hand up and up to the person who that hand belonged to. As soon my eyes met his it could not leave his amber brown gaze. As I continuously reached for his hand and placed it upon his, my eyes didn't leave his sigh for one second. He gently pulled me up from my position and once I was standing he let go of my hand.

This person had elbow length dark hair with greenish blue streaks in it which was tied up on top of his head. His amber brown eyes were outlined by red and black eyeliners, a small purple diamond shape on his forehead being the finishing touch on his face. As soon as I realised who was standing in front of me my lips curled up into a wide smile helplessly as I bent my head slightly to the side.

"Long time no see, Xiao." - A

1053 words!