Chapter 16 (OLD)

"૮α૨เɳɠ ƭσµ૮ɦ"

Aether's POV:

Once we finished the daily activities such as daily commissions and completing domain challenges, we began making our way back to Wangshu Inn. There out of nowhere a person began running towards us yelling our names as soon as he spotted us.

"Traveler! Adeptus Xiao!" - ???

We turned around to see a familiar face, it was one of the merchants from Liyue harbor. We stopped and waited until he caught up with us. Once he did, he crouched, struggling to catch his breath.

"Finally.. I found you two.." - ???

After taking a deep breath he continued.

"Hurry. Go to Liyue Harbor.... The Abyss order is attacking." - ???

Xiao's eyes opened wide and then he grabbed me by my hand, pulling me close and immediately teleporting away with me to Liyue Harbor. As soon as we got there I unsheathed my sword and Xiao summoned his polearm, spinning it around his hand a few times before letting go of me and running towards the commotion, where the sound of yelling could be heard. There were two abyss lectors, 10 abyss mages, 2 ruin guards and 2 ruin machines wreaking havoc.

Right as we got there I spotted as an innocent girl was about to be hit by one of the ruin guards. I immediately began running in her direction to save her but by the blink of an eye, Xiao was in the air, using his elemental skill to knock back the ruin guard by it's weak point. He began continuously hitting the machine so I looked around to see a merchant getting followed by an Abyss Lector.

He was running fast but didn't seem to manage to shake him off. So I took this as the opportunity to attack his blind spot, right behind his back, strike him with my sword. Me and Xiao, along with a few other people who had visions were fighting for a while since newer and newer enemies showed up on sight. As I was about to take down one of the abyss mage's elemental shields I lost focus around myself and from behind my head got slammed by a ruin machine. I flew away like 5 meters cause of the impact but got up on my knees, holding my head cause of dizziness.

I looked in the direction of the machine that hit me and noticed as Xiao immediately took it down. After that he ran towards me not caring about anything else around him. He looked at me and said something I wasn't able to hear but he seemed worried by the looks of it. I just kept silent, trying to figure out what he was saying but I couldn't hear it at all. He then suddenly turned his head and yelled something, looked back and grabbed me by the waist before teleporting away with me.

Once we got there I couldn't make out what the place was and the more I tried to see the more blurrier my vision got. After that everything turned dark and the only thing I remember last is the caring touch of Xiao as he pulled me forward him.

.

.

.

In the darkness I began hearing the sound of talking not far away from me. The voices seemed familiar so with struggle I tried to open my eyes to see who were the people talking.

"He luckily didn't get any major injuries within his brain, his brain just simply hit his skull and that caused him to pass out. Thankfully there was no signs of concussion or bleeding in the brain so he really is a lucky one. I wanna check some things though still if it really is safe for him to leave, just to make sure. But if things go well and nothing seems wrong then he can leave tonight." - B

"That's great to hear. Thank you." - X

Xiao bowed down his head and then Baizhu placed his hand on his shoulder smiling.

"Don't be upset. He is alright, these examinations are only happening so nothing goes wrong after he leaves." - B

"I know that. I'm not upset. I'm just relieved to hear that he didn't get too injured." - X

"Yes, he is a lucky one." - B

Baizhu said after letting go of Xiao's shoulder. He then looked at my direction and he suddenly spoke as he made his way next to me.

"Ah, you're awake!" - B

I slowly began sitting up, placing my hand on my head and asked.

"What happened?..." - A

"You got hit in the head by a ruin machine and passed out." - X

Xiao said as he made his way to my other side, sitting down on a chair.

"Ruin.. Machine?... WAIT, WHAT ABOUT THE ABYSS ORDER?!" - A

I yelled out suddenly as I recalled everything.

"They are delt with. Ganyu informed me not long ago." - X

"What time is it?" - A

I asked.

"It's 6 pm." - B

I looked down and said with a dazed gaze.

"Oh, I see." - A

"Well since you are awake, how about we do some safety examinations and then if things go well, you could leave?" - B

"Sure let's do it." - A

I said as I slid the blanket off of myself and let my legs hang off of the side of the bed in the direction of Xiao. Baizhu then made his way to the door and spoke.

"Alright, once you're done come outside." - B

Xiao stood up and then Baizhu left the room. Xiao held out his hand to me and spoke.

"Hold my hand. I'll help." - X

"No it's alright, don't worry. My legs aren't injured." - A

I said as I brushed his hand to the side with mine gently. I then slid off of the side of the bed, placed my feet on the ground and suddenly as I was about to make a step, I fell out of balance and almost fell. Xiao immediately reached for me and held my hand tightly. I looked at him and giggled a little awkwardly.

"Haha, sorry! I lost balance for a moment." - A

I then felt as his hands were trembling like crazy. I opened my eyes and then saw a scared expression on his face that just wouldn't wipe off no matter what. The more I looked at that expression of his the . So I quickly cupped his face with my hands and pressed my lips against his, giving him a peck. Xiao looked at me with sparkling eyes after that and after a bit he pulled me close, wrapping his hands around me tightly. I still felt that he was slightly trembling so I placed my arm around him as well and waited until he calmed down.

.

.

.

At 8PM I walked out of the lab with Baizhu and I immediately ran towards Xiao with a smile, hugging him. After a bit I let go and we both turned to Baizhu.

"Okay I checked and everything seems to be normal. You can go home now." - B

Xiao then let out a sigh and we said in sync.

"Thank you! Goodbye!" - X&A

Then we turned around and left the building of Bubu Pharmacy. We walked down the stairs and once we got down Xiao suddenly stopped. I turned around and looked at him. He seemed like his mind was elsewhere so I walked up closer to him and tapped him on the shoulder a few times. He then suddenly looked up at me with a tinted cheek.

"Are you okay?" - A

Xiao's surprised face suddenly turned into a serious one, he grabbed my hand, pulled me a bit closer and looked deeply to my eyes with a serious look on his face.

"Aether... Would you come over to my room before we head to sleep?..." - X

1273 words!