Chapter 12 (OLD)

"µɳ∂ε૨ ƭɦε รƭα૨ร"

Aether's POV:

I spent the whole day after that on collecting materials for future use. Before I knew the night has already fallen so I decided to head back to Wangshu Inn and get a well deserved rest. I picked up the last materials somewhere near Luhua Pool, before calling it quits and getting ready to head back. But once I raised my head from the ground I noticed Xiao's figure peaking out from the woods. My eyes opened wide and I felt as my cheeks tinted.

Before I knew it he appeared right in front of me, not caring that the water of Luhua Pool covered his legs from his ankles down. He just kept staring into my eyes before speaking.

"I'm back." - X

I smiled lightly, trying my best to cover up my embarrassment as I said.

"Welcome back." - A

He suddenly reached his hand out to me. I looked at it for a few seconds before hesitantly reaching for it and placing my hand upon his. He slowly began making his way past me, gently lifting my hand mid air still, guiding me to follow him once he made me turn the other way around. After a while of me following his guidance he grabbed my hand and began picking up the pace. It seemed like we were running towards Mondstadt but he said nothing so I was just following him without having a clue on where are we going.

"Xiao! Wait up! What's with the hurry?!" - A

I asked as I was gasping for air during running. He turned to me and spoke with a calm voice.

"We're almost there..." - X

I just pressed my upper and lower lips together and just kept quiet as I followed him. He soon slowed down and made me walk behind him as we entered a forest I've never seen before. We soon walked up a mountain and soon we got out of the forest, standing on the edge of a cliff that gave a clear and close view of the moon. I felt as I was taken away by the view in that moment and cause of that my lips were left agape. Soon as Xiao stepped closer to me, the wind slightly blew and the soothing sound of crystals hitting against each other could be heard from underneath us. Then Xiao turned to me and asked.

"Did you hear that?" - X

"Yes... What was that?" - A

"It's the Cave of Hanging Jades." - X

I felt as my curiosity got piqued at the hearing of that so I looked at Xiao with sparkling eyes and waited for him to continue.

"Legends say that near Celestia there are seven natural rarities that represent the seven nations of Teyvat. This natural rarity for Liyue is the Cave of Hanging Jades. Maybe it is a suicide mission going in to that cave due to the fact that there are sharp jade's hanging from the top of the cave, attached by spider webs... but..." - X

He stopped for a second, turned to me and continued.

"There is a legend... "Once the wind blows near the Cave of Hanging Jades, you may hear a melody so exquisite that you may never want to listen to anything else ever again." Although... this legend was lost to time and now nobody remembers it." - X

I stayed quiet and after a bit I looked away, asking.

"Did you bring me here to listen to this exquisite melody together?.." - A

"Yes. Is it a bad idea?..." - X

Xiao asked as he let go of my hand and made embarrassment evident on his face. I quickly reached for his hand and shook my head.

"No, no, no! I'd love to!" - A

Suddenly a slight breeze came towards us once again and the crystal's hitting against each other could be heard which I didn't pay attention to at the moment and tried to continue my saying.

"I care about Teyvat's histories and le-" - A

Suddenly Xiao placed his index finger on my lips as he closed his eyes and quietly whispered as he stepped closer to me.

"Shh." - X

I opened my eyes wide at first but then closed it and began to try making out the melody as well. Since the wind's strength was switching from time to time it was difficult but after a few minutes I could feel as a one paced breeze began to blow. Then I started to hear a clear melody I never heard before. Once I made out the melody I could hear a whole music being played in my head so I quietly began humming the song.

Suddenly I felt as Xiao slid his hand down and placed one my free hand on his shoulder, while he placed that hand of his on my waist, extending the hand he was holding onto gently. That caused me to open my eyes and look at him out of shock. Once I opened my eyes I realised his face was closer to me which uncontrollably made my cheeks tint of the color red. He then slowly began moving around and that's when I realised he was actually trying to dance with me to the song we both could hear from the crystals.

We stepped back and forth, two to the right, two to the left. He made me spin around and whenever he seemed like he'll let go of me, he reached for me once again and pulled me close. After a while the breeze began to slow down and eventually stop. But before that Xiao made me twirl around one last time before lifting my two hands mid air as he was standing behind me. We then looked up to the moon and kept staring at it with sparkling eyes.

In that moment no matter how confusing this whole situation was, I felt like I was truly happy. This scenario was quite strange and unusual, but that didn't mean it wasn't fun. After a bit Xiao lowered my hands, still holding onto them. That's when I turned around my face and smiled at him lightly.

"Thank you for showing this place to me." - A

He didn't respond but kept quiet after I turned back to face the moon. Suddenly a pair of hands wrapped themselves around my waist and soon I felt as Xiao leaned over my shoulder, planting a gentle kiss on my cheek. I felt as my cheeks were beginning to burn up once again and my heart began beating louder and louder. The silence made it too awkward so once he pulled away I unwrapped his hands from my waist and turned around with a completely red face, still holding onto his hands.

"Xiao... Can you clarify some things with me?... I feel confused... about you." - A

1123 words!

(A/N: 2 chapters again in one day epic! hope yall liked it cuz im not used to writing stuff like this :') )