Chapter 15 (OLD)

"ƭαรƭε σƒ ყσµ૨ ℓเρร"

Aether's POV:

I was intending to ask Xiao about what happened when he ascended but for some reason I was never able to bring myself to it. I either forgot to or whenever I wanted to ask he always felt like kissing me or do something that would knock that question out of my head immediately. Seems like he really does like me way more than I thought.

The next day I woke up with a wide smile on my face. I just felt happy but I didn't know why. I got up from my bed and got changed quick. Once I finished I headed out of my room, locking the door and finally heading downstairs to get some breakfast.

To my surprise I spotted Xiao sitting at one of the tables so I headed there and sat down in front of him. As soon as I humped down on the chair, he got up and walked out of my sight. I looked down on the floor to my left, quite upset but more confused. But in the next second I felt as a hand placed itself under my chin and gently raised my head, turning it more to the right. Once I looked there I noticed Xiao's face close to mine and he immediately pressured his lips against mine ever so gently, kissing me, causing me to close my eyes, making me focus on the sweet taste of his lips. They tasted like almond tofu.

After a bit I wanted to sneak a glance at Xiao's expression so I opened my eyes slightly, noticing how he was practically leaning forward keeping himself in position with his left arm that was on the table next to me, his other hand still gently lifting up my head by my chin. My hands then landed on Xiao's closed eyes, making me admire as his thick eyelashes were reflecting the light of the sun that made it's way in there from above the stairs.

But in the corner of my eyes I also noticed a vague shadow not far from behind Xiao. I slowly dragged my vision in that direction and then I saw the shocked face expression of Chef Yanxiao. I could feel as I was about to explode with embarrassment and felt my cheeks burning. I gently began pulling away from Xiao but suddenly his hand that was under my chin landed on the back of my neck and he began more aggressively kissing me.

I then began struggling and tried to push him away by my hands but he didn't move an inch. He then gently pulled away and then as he noticed I was looking behind him he turned his vision around as well and then when he spotted Chef Yanxiao being in pure shock he just stood up and faced him.

"Oh, Yanxiao. Do you need something?" - X

He shook his head in response and said.

"I just came to take the order of the traveler. What would you like?" - CY

I thought for a moment and then responded.

"A serving of Almond Tofu please." - A

Chef Yanxiao nodded and then turned around heading back into the kitchen. But before he could have Xiao called his name.

"Yanxiao." - X

"Yes?" - CY

He slowly turned around with a nervous look on his face.

"Please... don't tell this to anyone if you may." - X

The chef's nervous expression then became a surprised one.

"Not even Verr Goldet?" - CY

"If I think it's time to let her know I will do it myself. I can trust you with keeping this a secret for now, right?" - X

"Yes. Of course." - CY

"Thank you." - X

Xiao said and then headed to sit down back where he sat at. Then he grabbed his fork and continued to eat his almond tofu. That's when I realised that's why I felt like his lips were kind of sweet earlier. Cause of that I smiled and giggled. Xiao looked up with a questioning look.

"Oh nothing. Don't mind me." - A

He swallowed his food and then spoke.

"Tell me." - X

"No, it really doesn't matter." - A

Then suddenly Yanxiao brought my order and placed it in front of me on the table.

"Thank you!" - A

To that the chef just nodded and left. Soon after he left I noticed as Xiao was about to speak and knowing that he probably wanted me to tell him what I laughed at earlier, the question I wanted to ask him for a while now popped into my mind.

"Hey Xiao. Question." - A

He kept silent for a second then asked.

"Yes?" - X

"Did you take up your role as the... uhm... you know... or?.." - A

I spoke trying to keep a low profile.

"The initiation will be next month so until then the official title isn't mine yet. Think of it as something like a coronation. That's what they told me anyways." - X

"Oh, I see. Thank you for telling me." - A

Xiao just nodded and then continued eating. I took my opportunity as well and grabbed the fork, digging into the serving of almond tofu on my plate. After we finished we headed upstairs together. Once I started heading for the exit Xiao grabbed my hand and asked.

"Where are you going?" - X

"I have to do my daily commissions." - A

"Let me help." - X

Xiao said as he slid his hand down from my wrist to my hand and grabbed it gently, standing next to me.

"Sure.." - A

Then we both headed for the exit together.

"Good morning!" - A&X

We said as we passed Verr Goldet at the front desk and then left the building. Once we were outside, Xiao grabbed me by my waist, pulling me close and teleported us away to Liyue Harbor. I took up my daily commissions and with Xiao we headed to each location together, completing the missions.

969 words!

(A/N: I'm back! Hiatus over! (for now) Sorry for shorter chapter again but i'll try dropping 2 today so yaur)