Chapter 21 (OLD)

"ƭɦσµɠɦƭร"

Aether's POV:

The next morning I woke up to a feeling of loss. A loss of warmth. I slowly opened my eyes and sat up slowly. I looked around the room and came to the realisation that this room was indeed not mine. Finally my eyes traveled downwards and quickly a shiver ran across my body. I saw as my clothes were folded on the ground, and my bare naked upper body. My face suddenly flashed a shade of red and with that I grabbed the top of the blanket, quickly raising it. Though I had a pair of shorts on so my shocked expression just calmed down and kept staring for a second. I then quickly hid my face in my hands and thought to myself.

I did it.

I have slept with Xiao.

I felt embarrassed and happy at the same time as I wiggled my little feet under the blanket, burrying my face in my hand. After I calmed down I took a deep breath and looked at the place next to me, which seemed utterly empty. I placed my hand on that part of the bed and let my mind being overswirled with thoughts once again. I then turned to my side and stood up from the side of my bed.

I looked in the mirror and from afar I could have only seen my messy hair. I headed closer as I started undoing my braid. Once I finished I just plopped my hair over my shoulder and looked up straight into the mirror. Upon closer inspection I realised that the shorts and underwear weren't mine which made me feel quite embarrassed so Instead I just quickly snapped my vision up on the mirror again. Then for my eyes red bruises began to unfold as I took a glance at my body. My lips were quite swollen and my face was completely red.

I quickly shook my head and began agressively brushing my hair with my fingers. Once I finished I just tied it together on the top of my head due to hurry. I then headed back and took off my borrowed shorts and underwear. My hands scared traveled down to see if I had to take a shower once I got home. But no I was completely clean. My face then turned entirely red as I came upon the realisation that Xiao have cleaned me while I was asleep. I felt very thankful but aswell embarrassed. I then just shook my head and quickly changed back into my clothes.I grabbed the shorts and underwear I wore earlier, with them leaving Xiao's room.

Once I arrived in my room I began to wash out the shorts and underwear. While so I heard a knock on my door. I left my work half way done and headed to the door. I slowly opened it and then my eyes met an amber pair.

My heart suddenly skipped a beat as I noticed it was Xiao. He just calmly placed his hand under my chin, gently lifting it slightly. He then pressed his lips against mine, giving me a little peck. He looked into my eyes with his fierce gaze and spoke.

"Good morning." - X

I was at a loss for words for a moment but once my mind traveled back to the present I quickly shook my head and instead of saying good morning aswell this is how I responded.

"About the clothes you gave me, I'll wash them and give them right back!" - A

I said with a rush. Xiao to that raised a brow and then he got hit by the realisation.

"Oh. Sure, do whatever." - X

He then turned away and left without a word.

Did I upset him?...

I thought for a moment but chose to not think about it much longer as I closed the door and headed back to washing the clothes. Once I finished I brought them out to dry, bringing clothes from earlier I had outside back inside my house and put them away.

The rest went as usual. I went to do my daily comissions and explored some domains. Once I finished I started making my way back to Wangshu Inn. But on my way I spotted Xiao walked towards me from the distance. I walked towards him nervously but the closer I got the more awkward I felt. While I looked into his eyes, his eyes were looking past me. And once we were in range I thought he is going to stop me and try to talk to me but instead he just walked past me without a word.

I looked down on the ground and kept walking with a strange pressure heaving down my heart. I placed my hand upon my chest as I pressed my lips together, my thoughts becoming unable to control.

Did I... hurt him?...

I hurried back to Wangshu Inn and once I headed inside, sat down on my bed and just looked at the ground as I tried to calm my thoughts.

It didn't help.

I needed distraction.

I got up and began cleaning my room with utmost care and attention but to no avail. I began overthinking. The time has painfully slowly passed but eventually the sun began to set. The sky turned into the shades of gold, orange and purple, outlining the cloud's edges. I just finished cleaning and then I remembered that I left Xiao's clothes out to dry. I so headed out to get the clothes.

On my way back I took a glimpse of Xiao's door shutting close. My heart began beating louder and so after I took a sigh, I finalized my overthinking.

I'll bring his clothes back.

I made my way up to the door and knocked a few times, waiting for him to answer, with the clothes resting on my arm.

980 words!