Chapter 1

Woken up in a cold sweat, Alex looks at the time seeing it was 6 in the morning. "Oh fuck, why so early." She slowly sits herself up from her bed. If you can call it that. It was just a sheet on the floor with a pillow and blanket so in the winter it got cold as shit. 

Every time she gets a nightmare she normally notifies Sophia no matter what time. (On her demand). Then goes to the gym. Alex is not very confident in things she does or has but her body is something she is very confident in. That and her singing voice. But no one knows she has a healthy body because that would mean showing everyone her scars. 

After texting Sophia she grabs her gym bag and sneaks out of her room and down the stairs. Praying on everything that her Dad wasn't awake. Once her feet hit the bottom step all you could hear was the loud ass snoring of her Dad if you could call him that. The scent of beer and cigarettes hit her with a wave and she gagged at the smell. Alex made a promise to herself that she would never drink or smoke in the fear of turning out like her Dad. 

Once leaving her house she makes her way to Sophia's house. At the age of 16 she bought a motorcycle but kept it at her house with the fear that her Dad would find it. Sophia gave Alex a spare key to their garage. And don't worry Sophia's parents know about her having a key so it isn't creepy. 

After reaching the gym she parks her motorbike and enters. With the amount of time she goes there the workers are very friendly with her and enjoy her being there. What's even better is that they would sometimes obliviously play her songs in the back round. So that would make her laugh a bit. 

Alex looked at the clock while taking a water break seeing the time is 8:30 meaning she worked out for a good 2 hours. She packed up her things and thanked the workers there and made her way back to the Madden resident. After parking her bike in their garage she suddenly gets tackled in a hug by her midget best friend whose head dug in her chest. 

"Eww you're gross and sticky." Sophia groaned pulling apart 

"Well no shit Sherlock I just came back from the gym." Alex sassed back earning a slap in the arm.

"You okay?" Sophia asked seeing the text in the morning about the nightmare. 

"As good as I can be." Alex replied back. Alex really disliked that question but she understood why it was always asked. So she always replied back with that answer. 

"Hopefully you didn't tire yourself out to much because we have the cup final in the afternoon." Sophia said. Alex's eyes widened with that statement. "You forgot didn't you?" Sophia asked even though already knowing the answer. 

"No it just slipped my mind." Alex said. 

Sophia chuckled "Same thing Smartass. Please try and get home without your Dad knowing. He probably will be awake at this time. Don't want you to be hurt for our game." 

"I will be fine. Don't worry and since when has my abusive Dad stop me winning a few trophies." Alex re-assured Sophia. 

Sophia smiled softly. "Okay then see you at the match."

"See you later." Alex said while leaving the house.

After shutting the door behind her, she felt her body get slammed into the hard wood. Her Dad pins her to the door pressing his forearm against her neck making her struggle to breathe. 

"WHERE WERE YOU, YOU BRAT." He shouts breaking the glass bottle he held next to her head. 

"I was at the gym." Alex wheezed out. 

"You better have been. You should go more anyway you're to fat." Luke said before kneeing her in the gut losing her breath and falling to the floor. 

"Get up and out of my sight you bitch." He mumbled before walking over to the kitchen grabbing another drink. 

Alex scurried to pick herself and dragged her self up the stairs into her room before locking it so there are no unexpected visits. She drags herself to her bed trying to get a few more hours of sleep before her big final match.

Waking up for the second time that day she looks at the time seeing it was 4:17 and the team had to meet up for the match at 5:30. "Perfect timing." She muttered to herself. Packing up all her things she needed for football she gets startled by all the shouting coming from the living room. "Great Dad's throwing a 'party' again." She though out loud. There was no way she would get out through the living room so she decided to get out through her window. 

Putting one foot on the tree outside, she drops down and starts making her way to the Madden house. She gets on her motorbike preparing for the very important match she is about to have. She doesn't even know that very important people are gonna be there scouting for her.