Chapter 8

(Few more games later) 

Alex's POV 

After a few games we have been doing great we are 2nd in the league so far, drawing with Chelsea who is number 1. Me and Leah have been very close. I trust her a lot. Beth and Viv have also been like parental figures to me. I almost accidentally called Beth Mum. Can't go down that road.

Me, Beth and Viv are going to go pick up Leah before driving to Meadow Park. I want to show Leah my new song idea that I have finished called Lights Up. 

Once we arrive at her house she gets in while greeting us. She kisses the top of my head before asking me. "Are you okay?" 

"As good as I can be." I reply back. She took notice that I say the same reply to that question. 

I text her that I want her to listen to one of my new song ideas. She replies back that she would love to listen to it so I send her one of my audio files and the picture of the lyrics. 

Whilst she listens to that song I start writing a few lyrics to another song idea. One of the days that Sophia was ranting on about her boyfriend. They have been together since they were 14 and now they are 18. So they have a great relationship. I kept on teasing that he fell when he was a little boy. That's when a light bulb appeared above my head. 

To Be So Lonely

Don't blame me for fallin'
I was just a little boy
Don't blame the drunk caller
Wasn't ready for it all
You can't blame me, darling
Not even a little bit

I wanted this to be the intro then the chorus would be this

Don't call me "baby" again
You got your reasons
I know that you're tryna be friends
I know you mean it
But don't call me "baby" again
It's hard for me to go home
Be so lonely

I just didn't know what the melody would be. I get a text notification from Leah saying she loved the song so I was glad. Then she texted me if this will be part of the new album. I texted her maybe if it will be as good as the other songs.

After we get into the changing rooms, Leah is DJ again. She chooses her song which is my song Kiwi and looks at me whilst doing it in a teasing way. I start to make my way to the bathroom and I feel Leah sympathy eyes on me.

While we warm up, I scan my eyes through the crowd before stopping on someone. My whole body freezes and panic shivers up my spine. He tauntingly waves at me with a sick smirk on his face. My breathing picks up when I feel Leah appear next to me. 

"Hey what happened you just froze?" She asks. I stay silent so she follows my eyeline to a man that is someone I don't like to call Dad. "Is that your Dad?" She asks in an almost whisper. All I do is nod which is more then enough for her to guide me into the changing room. 

She grabs my face before saying "Hey hey follow my breathing. Deep breath in and out." I do this while fiddling with the bottom of his shirt. I slowly start to calm down before Jonas enters the room. 

"Hey guys you good?" He asks. 

I was in no state to reply so Leah says "Can she stay on the bench for the match?"

Jonas says "Of course she can."

"Will Beth or Viv be playing the full 90?" Leah asks wanting to have someone on the bench with me. 

"No I will probably sub Beth off in the 60th or so minute." Jonas confirms. 

"Okay great." Leah says. 

I ask Leah to grab my headphones from my bag before guiding me to the bench with a blanket. Beth and Viv both immediately sat next to me. 

"Are you okay?" Viv asks. 

"As good as I can be." I reply. I hear Beth sigh a bit from that answer. 

"Do you want to talk?" Beth asks.

"Can we do it at home?" I whisper not wanting to upset them. 

"Of course we can honey." They both wrap their arms around me before kissing my head. 

They both go to take kick off leaving me on the bench. I zone out listening to music knowing that there is a man behind me who caused me so much pain.

I don't even realise I zone out for long when the half time whistle blows. I knock out of my stare from the grass then I stand up following the team into the changing room. I sit down on a random bench then I feel two more people sitting on my sides. They grab my hand and both squeeze it making me relax and look up to see Beth and Viv both smiling down at me. 

We go back outside for the second half to begin. At the 60th minute I feel Beth sit down by me so I lean my body against her making her wrap her arm around my waist. I zone out yet again until  the final whistle to blows. Beth pulls me up and out of the seat before grabbing our things and going in the car. Not bothering to shower or change. 

We all get in the car before driving home. The drive was silent the whole way. Dropping Leah off we get home and I run upstairs locking myself in the bathroom undressing and showering. I still felt the look of my Dad on me. 

I want to tell Viv and Beth everything so I grab my keyboard for the second half of the reveal. I take a deep breath walking downstairs wanting to tell these new parental figures about my life.