Chapter 19

Alex's POV 

We are currently warming up for our next match. We are playing Australia again. During warm ups I got a text again from the family trio wishing me good luck. Me and Jessie were on the bench and Bev told us that we would get subbed on in the 70th minute. 

The whistle blew starting the match. In the 3rd minute Mary Fowler scores making us lose hope. For the next 40 minutes we get a few chances and miss and the same goes for Australia. In 48 minute Adrianna scores from a header which makes us all jump up from our seats happy that we are back in the game. 

The whistle blows again meaning the first half finished so we make our way back into the changing rooms and Bev gives us a pep talk. The whistles blows yet again commencing the start of the second half. At the 60th minute Bev tells me and Jessie to start getting ready and to go warm up. 

"Come on Freckles don't want you getting injured." I say pulling her up with me. While warming up we wave at a few fans and joke around. 

We get subbed on along with a few other teammates. Jessie got the ball before getting tackled harshly by a defender. I run up to the player and shove her hardly "Hey what the fuck was that for!"

-------------------------------------------------

Jessie's POV 

I was running through the middle before I ended up being tackled harshly by a defender. I land awkwardly on my arm making me stay on the ground for a bit. Janine is the first to come up to me making sure I'm okay.

"Looks like your girlfriend's protective." She teases with a smirk. I furrow my eyebrows before lifting my head up seeing Alex shove the player I am assuming tackled me. I blush looking down before slowly standing up. Thankfully that player got a yellow cause if they didn't I know that Alex probably would have gotten that yellow. 

Alex then comes up to me and asks "You okay?" I say that I'm fine before telling her to get ready to get the ball on her head. She nods before running into the box. 

I kick the ball full power in her direction which makes her run onto it and header it into the goal out of reach from the goalkeeper. I run up to her and jump making her catch me by the waist. "Thank you Freckles." She mumbled into my chest. 

She set me down before I replied "You don't have to thank me Princess." She just kisses my forehead making me blush for sure. But I hope that it looked like that I was just tired from running around. 

We continue playing until the final whistle blew making me start to celebrate with the girls. I feel myself getting grabbed from behind and lifted into the air. I already know it is without looking. I giggle before she puts me back down and hugs me. 

"Thanks for assist love." She says. 

"Its the best I could do for you Princess." I reply back. 

Just before we walk into the training room someone calls us from behind. "Hey Kid wait up." We turn around and see Sam Kerr jogging up to us. "Do you want to swap shirts?" She asks. 

"I-I Sure." Alex replies back. Her hands go to the bottom of her shirt. She hesitates to pull over her head which I think only I noticed. She gained the courage and lifted the shirt making me blush from her body. But being closer then the last other times I start to notice the scars littering her body here and there. 

She switches shirts with the Australian and takes a picture for the social media account. They hug then we walk back into the changing rooms. 

"One of many." I say to her. 

"What do you mean?" She asks me. 

"You're gonna become a superstar and then everyone will be wanting your shirt." I say to her. 

"Well that's reaching." She laughs it off. 

"Mark my words Alex Styleson you will become a superstar." I say to her. 

"Okay Jessie Fleming your words are marked." She replies before we walk into the changing room 

Without knowing I predicted the future of my close friend