Chapter 16

Jessies POV 

While we were walking to the meeting, Janine kept on bugging me about the giant on the team. I kept denying whatever she said. Alex was a few strides ahead of us. We entered the room and everyone turned to look at us, more specifically Alex.

"Damn newbie is hot!" Someone shouted. I couldn't tell who but I completely agree with them. 

"Thanks whoever that was." Alex replied back. 

We sat down on the couch at the back which held all three of us. Me being the shortest out of us I sat in the middle. I was squished in between the two but I didn't mind. Bev started introducing the new signings and Alex was last mentioned. 

"Please welcome Alex Styleson you might know her as she plays for Arsenal and was one of the top goal scorers in their league. She is one of the youngest one the team at the age of 18." Bev says which brings everyone's attention on her which she didn't like. She started fidgeting with the rings on her fingers while looking at her feet. I grab her hand making her head snap up towards me and look at me with confusion. Everyone's attention was now on Bev. 

"Why did you do that?" She asks. 

"Because you were fidgeting with your rings." I reply back.

"Oh sorry." She says like she did something wrong. 

"You didn't do nothing wrong I get bad anxiety sometimes too you know." I say wanting to reassure her that it was normal. 

But them she replies back with something that made me think I was hallucinating. "Well maybe then I'll get to hold your hand next time."

Then we stare at each other and we don't even notice for how long until Janine cuts in "As much as I love what you two lovebirds are doing but instead of staring at each other, stare at the board or you won't be on Bev's good side."

We cut eye contact before looking at the board not even noticing we were still holding hands. 

-------------------------------------------

Alex's POV

After that meeting we have to go get changed for training and I don't know I want to get changed in front of these people. I don't feel as comfortable here as I do with the Arsenal girls. 

Somehow Jessie noticed my nervousness. "Hey you okay you look a bit nervous?" She asks.

"Yeah well my body isn't the most pretty sight and I'm scared to change in front of the team." I ramble out. 

Jessie cuts me off "Hey don't worry about it okay. You're next to me in the changing rooms so I'll be there the whole time." 

I just nod so we walk in and start to get changed. I start by taking off my shirt. My heart starts pounding as I turn around to grab my kit from the bench. 

"Damn newbies got body!" Someone yells making everyone's head snap up to look at me, including Jessie's. I blush before turning around to put my shirt on. 

What surprised me most was that Jessie's blush was even redder then mine. I finish getting changed quite quickly, I'm about to leave when I hear Jessie say "Can you wait for me, I'm almost done?" 

"Yeah 'course." I say and wait while she ties her boots. 

She finishes so we start walking out while we walk out I hear her ask "Why were you scared of your body? It looks amazing." 

"Just wondering if my scars were very visible." I say while blushing from her comment. 

"Scars from what?" She asks. 

"Car crash." I tell her lying. I couldn't let another person in and especially not Jessie. 

------------------------------------------

Jessie's POV

The moment we started training it was like she was a whole different person. Like there was a magnet in her foot, she didn't miss a single shot. I don't know why England didn't want her. She was amazing.

We finished with a 11 a side match. Thankfully I was on Alex's team, otherwise I would probably get humiliated. We start the scrimage and within a few minutes I get the ball passing it to Alex who runs down the middle nutmegging anyone who opposes a threat. Eventually she gets in front of the goalie and smashes it top corner. 

"Holy shit." Someone says and I agree HOLY SHIT. 

-----------------------------------------

Alex's POV 

After we finish training we have dinner before I go upstairs early to go on call with Beth and Viv. Since UK was 5 hours ahead I knew Beth would probably still be awake. It was currently 5 here. I call her waiting for her to pick up which she does. 

"Hey Honey." She greets with a smile on her face.

"Hey Bethy." I say. 

"How was your first day?" She asks. 

"Yeah good nothing over the top." I say.

"Well that's good." She says.

"Yeah wait someones knocking at the door." I say putting the phone down, knowing I'm gonna regret not putting it on mute. 

"Freckles, how come your knocking? I though you had a key card?" I ask confused as my roommate knocked. 

"Yeah sorry Princess, I kinda lost my keycard." She says the last part in a whisper.

"Of course you did Love. Do you need my one so they can duplicate it?" I ask. 

"Yeah could I borrow it?" She asks shyly.

"Of course you can Freckles." I say taking it out of my pocket giving it to her. She says thanks before going down to the front desk.

I go back to my phone realizing I didn't put it on mute. "Please don't tell me you heard all of that." I say. 

"Every second. So who are you calling Love." Beth asks with a teasing smirk on her face. 

"No one just my roommate, Jessie Fleming." I say with a blush on my cheeks. 

"Jessie Fleming or do you mean Love." She teases me. 

We talk for a bit when Jessie walks in and I hang up. Me and Jessie both get ready for bed before going to bed saying a goodnight to each other.

All of a sudden thousands of song ideas came flowing into my head about the girl lying in the bed next to me.