Chapter 14

Alex' POV

I wake up in the morning cause of another god damn nightmare. 

Bev sent me the details of the flight and hotel info. We only have a few friendlies in October. Today we are starting off season training. Since my first friendly with Canada is on the 3rd of September, we are doing off season training in the last week of August. 

My teammates have never seen me since the transformation. Me, Viv and Beth get in the car before driving off to the training center. I realise that I don't have to get changed in the bathroom anymore because the tattoos cover my scars. 

Once we get inside the changing room all chatter stops when they see us walk in. "What in the glow up?!" Katie yells making the rest of them agree. 

"I wanted a change in my look." I say. 

"Well its a good fucking change mate, you look handsome as shit." Katie says, making me feel more confident in myself. 

"Oi mates enough drooling over me and focus on getting changed." I say making everyone laugh. 

I start to get changed in front of the girls and of course the trio notice this. As I'm leaving the changing rooms they come up to me and say that they are proud of me. 

After a good hour and a half of training with many laughs and jokes and surprisingly many compliments. After we get home I start to pack when Viv comes into my room with Insta open. "Have you seen the Arsenal post of you?" Viv asks.

I shake my head no saying that I don't have and account. "Well you are making all the girls in the comments gay." Viv says with bluntness. I laugh not believing her. She shows me her phone and lets me scroll through the comments. A lot of them are talking about the glow up I had.

I laugh and say "Well that's the affect I have." 

"God you really gained confidence didn't you." She said while laughing.

I reply "Well its not my fault that when people complement me I gain confidence."

"Get back to packing dingus." She laughs ruffling my hair making me pout and leave. 

---------------------------------------

After a few more training sessions I start getting ready to leave for the airport. It is currently 30th of August at 1 am and we are driving to the airport. 

"Remember to text and call how its going okay?" Beth says for the 10th time in 20 minutes. 

"Yes Mum." I say in a joking matter while rolling my eyes. She laughs while sharing a look with Viv. I don't know what that was about. 

Once we get to the airport, they hug me and they start crying. "Please don't cry or you will make me cry." I say while hugging them. 

"Okay honey, make sure to stay in touch. We love you so much." Beth says moving out the way for Viv to say something.

"Kiddo we are so proud. We love you so much." Viv says. 

I start to leave and I look back to see them waving at me. I wave back before going to my gate. Now I need to get ready for 8 hours of hell. 

----------------------------------------------------------

It is currently 9:30 and the plane has finally landed. I start to overthink if these people will like me. I walk through to the exit. Bev told me that a driver will come and pick me up. I look out for a black BMW. I find a man waving over at me so I make my way to him. 

We greet each other and thankfully its only a 20 minute ride before I can get another coffee. Its so hard for me to stay awake. Once we get there I thank the driver before going into the lobby. 

Not knowing I would meet people that would change my life.