Chapter 11

Alex' POV 

It is currently 25th of July so we were half way through summer because in October we start the season again but in September we start off season trainings. 

Me, Leah, Beth and Viv were all out at a friendly little brunch out in a local part of town. We were talking, smiling and laughing having a lot of fun when I get a phone call. The conversation stops while I take a look at the contact name. What confused me was there wasn't a name on the contact info. I answer it anyway bringing the phone up to my ear.

"Hello" I say. 

"Hi is this Alex Styleson?" The person on the other side who was a woman. 

"Yes this is her." I reply.

"I'm sorry to inform you but yesterday night we found your father dead from a drug overdose. We do realise that he was your last living family member but since you turned 18 you don't have to go into the system. But you can still be adopted if someone wishes to. I'm really sorry that this has happened to you. You can come by your old house next week on Saturday to collect your belongings. Hope you recover." The lady says before she hangs up.

My phone slips out of my hand while my eyes stay fixated on the table in front of me. I stay frozen while my eyes fill with tears. My breathing starts to pick up. 

"Who was there? What happened?" Leah asks. 

"My Dad died." I mutter. 

They all share a look before leaving money on the table and guiding me to the car. I start to breakdown. I don't even know why I'm crying for my asshole of a Dad. 

"I don't even know why I'm crying." I whisper. 

Leah strokes my back and says "Cause he was still family no matter how much of an asshole he was." 

I continue to cry not even knowing that we arrived at home. Since Leah and Viv were the strongest they helped me up and carried me to the couch. I curled up into a ball and texted Sophia no even having energy to call her. I threw my phone aside before I muttered "Leah can you get me my guitar." She nodded before going upstairs. 

I know I don't normally write on my emotions but I needed to do something that made me happy and football wasn't on so I did music. I grab my notebook from my pocket. I put on some noise cancelling headphones. 

When I was younger my parents would tell me and my sister "We'll be Fine line." They would tell us this when something bad has happened or we are sad. We didn't even know what it meant but we always believed that it would fix us. 

I imagined it as the bad things that happen would be the curves and bumps on a line and when we fix it, it would go back to a fine line. It held a special place in my heart. 

I spend the next hour on the couch just strumming along and making my way through the song. I want it to be a long song and have heart in it.

---------------------------------

Beth' POV

She has been sitting on the couch with her guitar just strumming along. Whatever the song was it sounded beautiful. Us three stay silent as we listen to this masterpiece she is creating. 

She puts the notebook down which I think means that she has a final product. She starts strumming and a eye watering vocal follows. 

Put a price on emotion
I'm looking for something to buy
You've got my devotion
But man, I can hate you sometimesI don't want to fight you
And I don't wanna sleep in the dirt
We'll get the drinks in
So I'll get to thinking of herWe'll be a fine line
We'll be a fine line
We'll be a fine lineTest of my patience
There's things that we'll never know
You sunshine, you temptress
My hand's at risk, I foldCrisp trepidation
I'll try to shake this soon
Spreading you open
Is the only way of knowing youWe'll be a fine line
We'll be a fine line
We'll be alright
We'll be alright
We'll be a fine line
We'll be alright (alright, alright, alright)We'll be alright
We'll be alright

Once she finished all we hear are sniffles and that's when she breaks down. We all run over to her and engulf her in a big family hug.

We would protect her no matter what. 

---------------------------------------------

A/N

Next chapter will be the Harry transformation chapter. Just remember what Harry looks like.