Chapter 20

(Time skip)   Alex's POV

We just landed back in Canada but we have to leave to go back to team duties. We all have to say goodbye before we leave. I'm in my hotel room I share with Jessie packing when the door opens. 

Without turning around I ask "Hey Freckles you finished packing yet?" 

I don't hear a response just a sniffle which makes me turn around instantly. I see Jessie with tear stains on her face and one of my hoodies on her. It looks so oversized it's adorable. Shut it Alex be concerned about her crying.

"You okay?" I ask while sitting on the bed next to her. She leans into me and I feel her shake her head no against me. "Can you tell me what's wrong?" I ask in a calm voice. She doesn't say anything but she grabs onto my jumper harder and curls into me more. 

"Is it that you are gonna miss camp?" I ask. She shakes her head. I think about what else could be wrong. Then it connect. She's wearing MY hoodie and hugging ME not Janine. "Are you gonna miss me?" I ask in a whisper. She lets out a sob which confirms my answer.

Even though I have only known her for a week it feels like forever. The worst part is that I won't see her until next camp because we don't play against Chelsea. 

"Hey I promise that even though we won't see each other for a month, we can still call, text and do whatever you want okay?" I reassure her. She nods against me.

She lifts her head from my chest which results me seeing her tear stained cheeks. I put my hands on her cheeks and slowly wipe them away. Once I finish I keep my hands on her cheeks and stare into her eyes. "You are absolutely beautiful." I say before kissing her head. She gets shy and giggles into my neck making me laugh. 

She removes herself from the hug before going to take off my hoodie that was on her. "What you doing?" I ask her. 

"Well don't you want it back?" She replies confused. 

"You keep it. It's like the third time I have seen you wear it and I don't think it was an accident." I tell her. She keeps it on before we continue to pack. 

------------------------------------------------------

Time skip

We were on our way to the airport where we will have to say goodbye.  She has a flight half an hour after mine. We walk through security and head to where my gate is. 

"Final call to Toronto to London at gate 9." The announcement rings through our ears. I get up from my seat and she engulfs me in a big bear hug. 

I hear her start to sniffle. "Hey don't cry we will see each other again in a month. Not too long and you've got my number and hoodie so call me whenever okay?" I tell her. She nods and pulls apart from me. 

She stands on her tiptoes to plant a kiss on my cheek. "Thank you Alex Styleson for being the best roommate ever. Just don't tell Janine." She whispers making me chuckle. 

"Same goes for you Miss Jessie Fleming." I say. I then ask "Can we take a picture please?" 

She nods while I take my phone out to take a photo. What shocks me was then she took the phone out my hands and conjoined them before snapping a photo. 

"Send that to me okay?" She says. I nod before slowly disconnecting our hands and walk to my gate while looking back at her.

After I board I set that photo as my lock screen. I then grab my notebook before trying to think of other song ideas. Obviously the only topic that came to my mind was the freckled girl that just kissed my cheek.

After about half an hour of daydreaming and thinking I come up with this. Even though the title is obvious she doesn't know its about her or that its even me. 

She

She (she)
She lives in daydreams with me (she)
She's the first one that I see
And I don't know why

I don't know who she is (she, she)

This would be the chorus. I continue playing around with the song before falling asleep dreaming about a certain girl.