Chapter 18

Alex POV 

After celebrating we were staying in a hotel in Australia because we play against them again in a few days. Today is a rest day while tomorrow will be training and the day after that will be another match. 

I'm sitting in my room with a guitar on my lap. Ever since I woke up I have been trying to finish this song Golden. After a few hours of tampering with it I finished it. Its not designed for an acoustic guitar but for an electric. 

Golden

Golden, golden, golden as I open my eyes
Hold it, focus, hoping, take me back to the light
I know you were way too bright for me
I'm hopeless, broken, so you wait for me in the sky

Brown my skin just right

You're so golden

You're so golden

I'm out of my head, and I know that you're scared
Because hearts get broken
I'm out of my head, and I know that you're scared
Because hearts get broken
I'm out of my head, and I know that you're scared
Because hearts get broken

I don't wanna be alone

I don't wanna be alone when it ends
Don't wanna let you know
I don't wanna be alone
But I, I can feel it take a hold (I can feel it take a hold)
I can feel you take control (I can feel you take control)
Of who I am, and all I've ever known
Lovin' is the antidote

Golden

You're so golden

I don't wanna be alone
You're so golden
I don't wanna be alone
You're so golden

You're so golden

I'm out of my head, and I know that you're scared
Because hearts get broken

I know that you're scared because I'm so open

You're so golden

I don't wanna be alone
You're so golden
You're so golden
You're so golden
I'm out of my head, and I know that you're scared
Because hearts get broken
I don't wanna be alone
You're so golden
You're so golden
You're so golden
I'm out of my head, and I know that you're scared
Because hearts get broken

I like it. It's one of my happier songs. I'll send it to my family trio later. I continue playing around with ideas and even play some of the songs I already made. I get cut of by a knock on the door. I go to pick up. It was Jessie. 

"Hey Freckles." I greeted her. 

"Hey Princess." She greets back. God that nickname kills me. 

"The team were all heading to the beach soon. Wondering if you were coming?" She asks. 

"Yeah give me a few and I'll be out." I reply. Jessie nods while I try to figure out what I'm going to wear that will not show off too much. I don't have to go in the water. Do I?

I just put on some shorts and a sports bra and a shirt over top since it was quite warm today I couldn't wear long sleeve. I put on some sunglasses left the room seeing Jessie waiting for me by herself. 

"Hey Freckles, you didn't have to wait for me." I say feeling bad that she's wasting time to wait for me. 

"Yeah but I didn't want you to be by yourself." She says. 

We leave the hotel and make our way to the beach. I looked at Jessie and her swimsuit was beautiful on her . I know she's not the most confident in herself but she should be. Once we get to the beach we are greeted by the rest of our teammates. 

For the next hour we play a few games on the sand or sunbathe before Jordyn gets an idea. "Hey guys lets go in the water." She shouts. Everyone agrees before taking off their cover before going to the water. 

I didn't move feeling scared and nervous. Somehow Jessie notices this and asks "Hey you not coming in?" 

"No I don't really want to." I say my voice shaky. I breathe in calming myself a bit. 

"This isn't about your body is it? I already told you. You are the most beautiful person ever with or without your scars. So come on you missing out on the fun." She says trying to reassure me. 

I finally take her hand before taking my shirt off dragging her to the water. I pick her up eventually and throw her into the water earning gasps from my teammates. We all burst out laughing before splashing each other and trying to sink each other. 

------------------------------------------------

Jessie's POV 

The moment she took her shirt I wondered how this woman could be insecure of herself when she had the most defined body and her tattoos on her stomach, chest and arms made her a 100x hotter. 

When people started splashing each other and had fun, I saw the biggest smile on her face. I just wanted to take a picture or freeze time for this moment to last forever. 

I will protect this Golden Retriever