Chapter 12

Alex' POV 

I have felt so drained and numb.

I look in the mirror everyday looking at myself, remembering how he would pull at my hair or cut my body. I hated how I looked. So I knew I would need to change it. 

I have to go pick up anything from the house but I knew I had nothing there worth of value. I grab my wallet and keys before telling Beth and Viv I was leaving. 

"Hey guys I'm going to my old house to pickup a few things." I say. 

"You sure you don't want us to come with?" Viv asks. 

"Yeah I'm sure. I will have Sophia there if I need to." I say. They nod so I leave making my way 'home'. 

After a 30 minute drive, I park outside of my house. I take a deep breath before I walk in. I don't know if it was PTSD but I swear I still smelt the alcohol and the drugs. I make my way to my old room, I notice the difference between the room I had here with the room I had at Beth and Viv's. i didn't have anything here of value so I made my way to my parents room. I look around and see a jewelry box that looked clean. 

I open it to find a gold ring. I was shocked that my Dad didn't sell this for more money to but drugs and more shit. It was a lion with a purple gem in its mouth. It looked beautiful. I knew that when I was younger Dads secondary school nickname was Lion. Didn't know why but I knew it held meaning to him. 

Then I left. I notified the number that called me that they can clear out the house. I made my way to meet Sophia. Once I got to the Maddens house I see her waiting outside. I get off my motorbike for her to tackle me in a hug. I sniffle trying to hold in my sobs. 

"You don't need to hold it in around me." She says so I break. I cry for the next few minutes before I compose myself. 

"I have a crazy idea. I want to cut my hair and get a few tattoos. Ever since he died, I look in the mirror and remember the times where he would hurt me so I just need it gone." I said and she nodded understanding what I wanted to do. 

We got on my bike before making our way to a hair salon. I tell the lady that I want it gone. She nods before cutting it off. I feel a sense of relief knowing that it was gone. It was short and wavy. 

(Imagine Harry's hair during love on tour)

I pay the hairdresser double and leave. "I know that I'm straight but damn you look hot with short hair." I smile grateful that it look at least half decent. 

Next we make our way to the tattoo parlour. We walk in before I pick what I want to cover my scars. I take my shirt off and the women smiles at me sympathetically before applying the stencils to different part of my body.

I got a moth on my stomach, two angel wings on my chest area. Many on my left arm, the reason why was because I was left handed I would use that hand to cover my face when he would whip me. It has double the amount of scars then my other arm. 

After a good 9 hours in the chair with a few water and food breaks we finish the process. I stand up carefully before looking at my self in the mirror. My eyes tear up when I realise that you can barely see my scars anymore. She tells me how to take care of it and when to put cream on it. 

I take out my wallet knowing this would cost a lot of money when a hand stops me. "Please don't pay. I could see the relief in you eyes the moment you looked in the mirror. And that's my job. So please don't pay."

I couldn't really say no to that so I hug the artist before we leave the shop. I take Sophia back home before we hug and I make my way back home.

I enter through the door shouting "I'm Home!" 

Beth and Viv were sitting on the sofa looking at the TV. "Hey what to you so long?" Beth asks still not looking at me.

"If you turn around you might just find out." They turn around and gasp. 

"You look so handsome. Holy shit." Viv says before hugging me.

--------------------------------------------

Viv' POV

I could see the relief in her eyes when we realised that we couldn't see her scars anymore. It was a fresh start.

And we promise to give her a good one.