13

"Steeeeeeve!" Bucky yelled as he came charging out of the bunkhouse one lunchtime and over to his friend as he came back from one of the pastures. "Since when did we employ girls?"

Steve frowned. "What?"

"There's two girls in the damn bunkhouse! And before you ask, no, none of us brought them home. Apparently they were hired".

"When?"

"This morning".

Steve followed him to the bunkhouse and indeed did find two women there. One redhead and a blonde haired woman - both of them looking displeased. "Finally, guessing you're the boss". The red head looked to him.

"Yeah? And who are you?"

"Natasha Romanoff, this is my sister Yelena - your friend here said we can't stay yet we were told we could?"

"By who?"

"The blonde we asked this morning. At the ranchhouse? We came looking for work and she said she'd give us a trial run".

Bucky and Steve looked to one another. "Elsa".

"She promised mac and cheese with hot sauce too". Yelena now spoke up. "She your wife?"

"No she...yeah she is". Steve sighed as he corrected himself. "She didn't tell me shit about this though". Now he had a decision to make. "How good can you rope?"

Yelena's face turned devilish. "I can string men up...perhaps I can demonstr-"

Bucky now cut her off, raising his hands up. "Woah! That won't be necessary. You got references?"

"From the men? Or past jobs?" Nat smirked and raised a brow at him.

"The jobs - are you cow girls or what?"

"Duh - look at us? We wear hats". Yelena made a face and passed Steve some folded up papers. Both the women's references on them.

"Gonna take more than a fucking hat to convince us". Bucky said, now also looking at the papers.

Steve nodded. "Stark Ranch - I know Tony. You won't mind if I call him to confirm do you?"

Nat shrugged. "Go ahead, we got nothing to hide. Just heard that your ranch was one of the best to work on".

"With the nicest men too..." Yelena smirked.

The door to the bunkhouse opened and Elsa walked in with a box of mac and cheese as well as a bottle of hot sauce. "Here you...ah, see you've met the new recruits". She noted Steve and Bucky standing there.

Bucky looked to Steve and muttered. "Deal with this". Before walking back out to resume work.

"He always that miserable?" Natasha asked.

"Yes"

"No"

Both Elsa and Steve answered at the same time before looking to one another. The latter now directing his attention to the sisters. "We need to talk, you two? Make yourselves at home for now, I'll come back once I've spoken to Tony". And without another word, dragged Elsa out of the bunkhouse and back home.

"You can't go around just employing people, Els!" He argued once they were inside and away from anyone listening.

She stared at him. "I'm your wife, I can do what I like now when it involves the ranch".

"No you fucking can't!" He fumed.

"So why the hell bother trying to get me involved if I can't do shit! Those women out there? They need a job, they're hard workers and if you think for so much as one minute about turning them away because they're girls? I'll beat your ass Rogers".