8

"Hey, how is he?" Lee Know asks.

"He's sleep," Chan announces, getting up to avoid waking up Felix.

"That's good, right?" Lee Know questions.

"He's taking it well," Chan nods. "He asked Hyunjin to mate him."

"That's big," Lee Know chooses his words wisely. "What did Hyunjin say."

"Nothing, but I could tell he wanted to say yes." Chan huffs. "No way avoiding telling JYP about the two of them."

"Yeah," Lee Know grows quiet. "Jisung fussed I.N. out. Properly scolded him. He's in the room with I.N. now for I.N's rut. When he gets clarity, he's going to feel like shit."

"He should," Chan growls. "Felix doesn't blame him. I.N. apparently thought Felix was Jisung because he was wearing Jisung's heat shirt."

"Ah, I should have warned Felix those clothes were dirty," Lee Know sighs. "Jisung likes running and being caught. He plays to our alpha instincts."

"That, makes a lot of sense, actually." Chan sighs. "I'll still kick his ass."

"Do you all need anything?" Lee Know asks.

"Good for now," Chan admits. "I'll keep in touch."

Chan hangs up and goes back into the bedroom. He sees Hyunjin cuddled up to Felix.

"Sorry, I know you're all territorial but I just need to hold him to know he's okay," Chan says to Hyunjin.

"It's alright, Channie." Hyunjin moves them so Chan can fit on the edge. Chan wraps his arms around both of them.

"I got you both now," Chan whispers, and Hyunjin allows himself to feel vulnerable.

"I know I.N. didn't but what if he did..." Hyunjin's throat feels tight. "I keep saying I'm going to protect him and it seems like he keeps getting hurt because of one of us."

"What are you thinking?" Chan asks.

"Felix and I should move in here for a while," Hyunjin responds. "Just the two of us." Hyunjin rubs Felix's hair.

"I'm not ready to let him go," Chan looks to Hyunjin.

"I can't risk him getting hurt again." Hyunjin stands firm on the subject.

"Fine," Chan relents first.

"I wasn't asking permission but thank you." Hyunjin places a kiss on the back of Felix's head and Felix frowns, flipping over to snuggling up to Hyunjin instinctually. "See, he wants to be with me, anyway."

Hyunjin grins and Chan can't help but worry.

xXx

Hyunjin is sipping some soju and Felix takes interest.

"Can I have a sip?" Felix points.

"Mhm," Hyunjin hands it over. Felix takes more than a sip. "Hey, hey, you lush. That's mine." Hyunjin takes it back. Felix giggles, climbing in Hyunjin's lap and resting his cheek on Hyunjin's chest.

It's been a few hours since the incident. Chan went for a grocery run before heading home, promising to bring Hyunjin's car by tomorrow.

"We should talk about what you mentioned in the car." Hyunjin looks to Felix.

"I was out of it," Felix frowns. "What did I say?"

"You want to mate." Hyunjin damn near whispers. "You said if we were mated, I would have known something was wrong."

"Shit," Felix's frown deepens. "I didn't mean to make it seem like I was blaming you." Felix is quick to say.

"I know that, I meant about the mating part." Hyunjin clarifies.

"Oh?" Felix grins. "I mean, it's only natural to want to mate."

"But so soon?" Hyunjin frowns. Felix sighs.

"Tomorrow isn't promised, Jinnie. I don't want to live with regrets." Felix huffs.

"We have plenty of tomorrow's." Hyunjin responds. Felix grows angry, standing up.

"No we don't." Felix shout. "We don't know when we're going to die. My parents thought they had all the time in the world and they fucking didn't. So...so don't...don't fucking tell me I have..."

"Shh, hey, come here." Hyunjin grabs Felix by the waist and holds him tight. "You need to get it out, Lix. I'm right here. If you admit what happened out loud you can start healing."

"I don't want to," Felix cries harder.

"Come on." Hyunjin encourages. "Tell me what happened to your parents."

"They..." Felix hits Hyunjin in the chest with tiny fists. "They fucking died....they....promised they would be home soon and then they fucking died. They never made it home. They abandoned me. My parents were all I had and they left me alone. I can't...don't abandon me, Jinnie. You're all I have."

Hyunjin rocks Felix and rubs his back.

"You did so good." Hyunjin encourages. "So, good. Thank you for telling me. I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. We can mate during your next heat. I'm not going anywhere."

Felix doesn't talk, and eventually, he cries himself right back to sleep. Hyunjin secretly wonders how Felix even has any tears left at all.

Hyunjin does get out his phone and dials Chan.

"Hey, is he okay?" Chan answers.

"Better than," Hyunjin admits. "He admitted his parents are dead. Cried himself to sleep but he said it."

"That's..." Chan pauses. "Wow. Good, okay. Yeah, that's good. He's sleep?"

"Mhm, on my chest, drooling like this isn't Versace." Hyunjin snorts.

"You'll live." Chan deadpans. "Okay, but keep me posted."

"Will, do."