Chap 7

You stand ready to go in any direction. You listen and look around from your point in the middle of the hall, but you can't pinpoint where it's coming from. You debate just sitting to see if you can pick up on a certain direction, but what if the music stopped? You'd definitely never find your music box then. You just dash back down the hall. If you couldn't hear it at the tent, maybe it'd be wise to take the opposite turn at the end of the hall. You look at the still broken wall then look all around at all the different shapes surrounding you. The music sounds like it may have gotten a tad louder?

You run down to the lower floor and try to climb up on one of the toy castles. You hop down in aggravation as that didn't help you. Your obvious and only choice here is to run around like a headless chicken hoping you come across something that might help you. You look in every small space you can but don't see the box or the culprit. It feels like chasing Caine all over again. You pause. What if he has your music box? What if he's using it to lure you closer so he can scold you for being so careless? If that's the case, he's going to find you one way or another so you might as well keep looking.
You're sick of being lost in this maze of giant toys so you decide to run through a red frame at the far end of the room. You've been down the hall this frame leads to many times although you haven't been in every room on this hall. One was an endless black and white spiral. You could walk into it and it had floors and walls, you assumed, as you could stand directly in the middle of this spiral but it wouldn't take long at all for you to become nauseatingly dizzy. What the point of that room was remained a mystery. Speaking of mystery, another room down this hall that you had stumbled upon by accident was filled with sand and smelled of ocean waves. You had seen a giant pirate's map laid out upon the sand, but Caine had appeared and told you it was an "unfinished game" he was working on. That was years ago... probably.. and it still wasn't done. In fact, you'd never heard him or anyone else mention it. As much as you'd love to open all these doors, you need to find that box of bubbles.

You lean your head on each one to see if the music is coming from there, but alas you seem to be getting nowhere. You're forced to leave this hall through the door at the end, which could lead to anywhere. You've.. probably went through this door before. But you can't for the life of you remember what's on the other side. You can't really see the door all that good, but it looks red.. is, is that an exit door? Could that be where Jax is? Wait, where did that come from? You take a deep breath as you run ahead. It feels as if the hall is continuously stretching, adding miles at a time. You begin to leap in what feels like slow motion (no doubt only due to your stress and binding curiosity) as you finally grab hold of the knob, opening it to reveal what looks like some kind of waiting room. What? That's strange, but what stands out to you the most is how... realistic it looks. It isn't colorful and blocky, it's just neutral colored and it reminds you of something you'd probably see in your previous world, at least that's what it felt like. You'd never come across anything this out of place in TADC. You look ahead to see a door identical to the one you just came through, and you contemplate opening it. You slowly step inside the room, inching closer.
Could that be where Ja-ahhhh, your music box is? As you move forward you notice the music getting farther and farther away so this must not be the right direction. What do you do? Your fear of both Caine and the unknown turn you around so you can get back to finding your box. You step back onto familiar ground and not a moment too soon. You turn when you hear an odd "powering down" sound as you see the last few red pixels from the door that once was fade into nothing. Was that an exit? Like, what Pomni saw? Did it lead to the real world? That stuff sure did look real, but it also still looked like CGI. You began to hyperventilate as the anxiety took over. At least you hadn't stayed inside and gotten trapped, right?

After a session of controlled breathing, you are able to refocus and look in front of you now to see a different door. It's just grey, and this one's connected to the surrounding walls. You cautiously reach forward and open it, looking in to see a still unfamiliar but properly placed interior. Something that felt like it belonged in the game. You sigh in relief as you walk inside. Now, this room isn't colorful or playful, it's just grey. Why does it still fit in, you ask? When you see the "furniture" consisting of rectangles of varying sizes all made of bubbles, you know who's room this is. And guess what you see on the floor. 🎶 📦. You run over joyfully, accidentally popping a couch with your foot, and scoop it up in your hands. It's playing a welcoming tune, as if to say it's relieved to be back with its rightful owner! You check to make sure there's no damage and that none of the bubbles are missing, but everything seems to be in place. Big phew! You have to give it a gentle hug as the music, like always, successfully washed away your panic.