Chap 17

I've been listening to this remix on repeat since my birthday 😭 I wanted to add it to the last two chapters but I already had the songs picked out. Warning for a slight curse somewhere in here.

You sit down on your knees as you keep your hand on the door, gently laying your bouquet on the floor beside you. "Is... it unlocked?" You quietly ask. "It should be." Jax answers. You grab the knob and turn, finding that it is, indeed, unlocked. However, you don't push the door open. You turn to look at Jax after standing, keeping your hand on the knob. "Jax, what do you remember this room looking like?" He fiddles with his hands as he looks everywhere but the door. "The walls were white. They had lots of little bright, colorful designs on them, that moved. Lots of furniture... I think I remember a couple couches, some chairs and a bed. Lots of gold."

     He thought for a moment before continuing. "And there was this giant rug in the middle of the room. It didn't match. That's the only thing I remember in detail." The rug! "What did it look like?" He seems even more hurt remembering. "It was a big circle. Right in the middle of the room. It was... grey? And it had two black triangles on it. In the center sort of?" Tell me more, Jax. "The rug. The triangles. Yes, his room back home had that, too. Did they meet in the middle?" "Sort of, yes." "Did they kind of look like hands on a clock?" He just looks at you. Argh, right. No time, no days, no clocks. You mimic the hands of a clock using your arms to the best of your ability. "Yeah. That's... what they looked like, I guess." He responds after giving you a confused and almost scared look. You unravel your arms and turn back around.

You turn the knob and slowly open the door. You were right. This room is identical. "I knew it." You say as you walk into the room, Jax worriedly calling after you as he ran to the door. You sadly look around at the shifting and floating furniture and decor, all lacking originality. The sparks of unsettling white light flashing in groups at different points on the walls combined with the walls themselves constantly shifting almost forced you to take a seat on the floor.

     You take a few more steps until you look down upon the rug, one of the black triangles underneath your feet. It moved a few centimeters, clockwise. You point and begin laughing. "It's like a clock! See!" You yell to Jax who is cautiously making his way over, stepping over a few pieces of shattered glass and dodging a table that flew by. "Seazh, what are you doing?You shouldn't be in here, I don't think." He says as he stands still, in a stance that's ready to dodge any obstacle. "I was right!" You exclaim with wide eyes before being hit in the back of the head with a small candle. You rub your head as you look around at the jumble of things coated in various shades of grey floating around in the air or struggling to slide against the wall or ceiling.

You pick up the candle and toss it upwards, only for it to be caught mid air. Jax is now beside you, looking up in awe. You grab onto the leg of a velvet footstool that flew over your head, trying your best to keep it down while it struggled to keep moving. You get lifted off of the floor, yelling out in surprise before letting go as soon as you realize your feet are in the air. You land backwards onto Jax, who had tried to catch you, causing you both to tumble back. He sits up which causes you, unknowingly leaning against his stomach, to sit up as well, his arms wrapped around your waist. You take notice of this rather quickly before turning around to look at him, just staring at you with them big ol' eyes, mouth agape as the blush became darker. He lets out a surprised yelp of his own as he instinctively lets go and kicks himself away from you, accidentally kicking you forward. You immediately hear him saying your name and "I'm sorry" over and over again while asking if you're alright. He rushes over and helps you sit, although you were already halfway there. "I'm fine, Jax." You simply reassure him. It's then that you come across something unusual.

It's some kind of small...bag, in the corner. It's shaped rather oddly. It's black with gold trim with a few golden designs in certain places on the top. It's not grey and it's not moving. It's just lying on the floor. It was probably propped against something before the room went mad. You're snapped out of your gaze when Jax grabs your arm and lightly pulls, trying to get you to budge but you stay planted. "Can we please, please get out of here? This isn't the room I remember." His grip only gets tighter as he begins to pull you more strongly, still being careful not to hurt you. "Hold on, Jax." You say standing up. "Please. Let's leave, this isn't normal.." "Jax, wait. I just want to look at something." You say quietly. He gives you an uncertain hum in response, wanting to follow you but staying behind. You feel bad staying here when he is obviously terrified, but you're not forcing him to stay. He can flee if he gets too afraid, though chances are he's not going to leave your side.